Angeldust

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Why did I do that?!?!

I only have a limited amount of tasks to break the Radio Demon and get out of my contract with Val. Why the Hell did I have his task for today be to tell me his nightmare?

Did it have to do with me being curious as to what could possibly scare the powerful Radio Demon so much? Partly.

It mostly had to do with the way he looked up at me. His watery eyes shimmering with an emotion that, in all the months I've known him, has never made an appearance before. Vulnerability.

His trademark grin was gone. Red eyes were puffy and streaks down his cheeks gave away the fact that he had been crying. Alastor looked... lost.

Of course, just like any sign of genuine emotion, it didn't last long. Seconds after letting his guard down, he immediately threw his walls back up and a steely hard glint replaced the sadness reflecting in those red eyes. Iconic creepy grin shifting back into place.

But, to my surprise, he still told me of his nightmare. An awful memory from when he was a child.

No wonda' he hates sex so much and finds it disgustin'.

The thought fills me with shame. I've been selfish, wanting to break him. I still do, but... not like this. The last task I choose must be normal. Non-sexual.

Fuck. That means a lower chance of getting what I want. The chances of breaking Alastor with a non-sexual task are very slim.

Better start thinkin' of somethin' I want as a boon, I think bitterly. New pink lingerie maybe? After seeing Alastor in my other one days ago, it never reappeared. It was just... gone. Most likely burned to ash by said overlord.

Lost in thought, my fingers comb through his coarse hair and hits a snag. A matted tangle. Alastor jerks, ears twitching for a moment before becoming still once again.

Huh. I can't tell whether that motion means he's in pain, or something else. Fearing that it pained him, I withdraw my hand. The deer resting on my chest fluff shifts with a soft noise. A noise that sounds like protest.

"Smiles, are ya awake?" My voice is barely a whisper. We've been cuddling for hours and I assumed he fell asleep, since I can't see his face. I allowed him to sleep on me and just stayed awake, my thoughts running rampid. I know letting him sleep on me isn't helping my fragile heart any and I should've moved him gently to the pillows after three hours.

I know all these things. Yet, I can't bring myself to do so. Once the contract ends and my boon is granted, things will go right back to the way they were. With the Radio Demon avoiding me like the plauge and me to nurse my aching heart. Letting the feelings I hold close, fade away one day at a time.

I wish I could talk to Molly.

I lost contact with my sister two months ago. She only sent one text before disconnecting her number. One text that drives the dagger in my heart, so very deep.

I can't talk to ya anymore. Papa won't allow it. I'm so sorry.

"Yes my dear, I am awake." Deep with static undertones, I jolt with a shriek.

"Jesus Al, give a gal a warnin' next time!" I exclaim, using one hand to press to my throat. Something I always do when I'm scared.

Alastor moves off me and sits up, his hair sticking up wildly. With a sigh, he brushes a hand down his wild hair, flattening the stubborn red and black strands. "I must admit Angel, I'm surprised. I thought you'd use every task as an opportunity to humiliate me. But, you didn't."