11

War is coming
~
Accalia
~

Accalia saw predator within beast and man. The stalkers bred to hunt and kill, the individual that took the lives of others without a touch of regret.

Accalia saw that within her family and heaven forbid, it was inside her cousin. Her heart still hammered against her chest, reminding her of what played out minutes ago — Cadence completely losing herself and not wanting to come back from it. She wanted to hurt the people around her.

The blood on Accalia's mate proved it.

"The sun is nearly out," Accalia uttered, wanting Alexene gone and as far away from Cadence as could be bridged. "You need to leave. Now."

Alexene beamed at Accalia, baring her teeth in a spiteful smile, but that was all her intentions could extend to with a stake in the hunter's hand.

"Of course ... Luna Accalia. I only came to see Rexton."

Accalia pondered on how deeply their connection ran. Rexton is part vampire, perhaps that was what bonded the two together, their vampiric blood.

Rexton's face puckered into a disappointing and doe-eyed expression when giving Alexene a goodbye. They exchanged hushed whispers, hugged and Alexene dashed away at a pace Accalia swore she vanished into thin air.

"Hopefully, the pestering bitch burns alive." Lycus growled and turned to Accalia with a reassuring grin.

Accalia flinched, the dry blood around his nose and face not at all appealing. Cupping his face so he couldn't move, she frowned up at him.

"You could have easily blocked Cadence's punches, why didn't you?" Accalia wondered aloud.

"Because she's scary." Lycus pouted.

Accalia punched him lightly on the shoulder. "I'm being serious."

Lycus sighed roguishly and tapped Accalia on the nose. "She's angry, Accalia, hateful even, and the only time I've seen anger like that has been within myself. Trust me, it can fucking control you."

Accalia let him go and stepped back, trying to mull over his words for what they truly were. "Some days, I really don't understand you."

Lycus cupped her shoulders and dragged her into his chest. "I shouldn't have strangled Cadence. She's just a kid. A pain in the ass, but a kid."

Accalia told herself to pull away, not relish in his touch, but she found her head falling into his chest, his warmth feeding onto her skin.

"I don't regret stabbing you for it, Lycus."

Cadence comes first.

His laughter vibrated through his bare skin and Accalia wrapped her arms around him, not wanting to let go just yet. He offered her a source of comfort no one else could.

She tried to control her thoughts that dug themselves into the pit of threats and battles. Three wolves, Canus pack members, were stalking the pack. They saw Rexton, the hunters and Cadence — who was still on the Thrax and Canus packs radar. They saw Accalia, wanting her dead and wanting to take her body back to their pack.

"Erm, Accalia," Rexton shifted by them and Accalia adjusted her head to see Rexton.

"Yes, Rexton?"

Rexton looked briefly at Lycus with sunlit eyes and then offered Accalia the brightest of smiles. "May I please have cereal?"

For someone so unnatural and powerful, a creature unknown too many, Rexton came across so humane, that it startled Accalia.

"Sure. It's in the kitchen, do you want my—"