36

Stitches
~
Accalia
~

"Oh, I don't want to let you go." Nina met her words and clung to Accalia tighter. Her unnatural abilities hardened around Accalia and she forget to inhale air.

"Angel, let her go, you're going to squeeze the life out of her." Gabriel barked from behind them.

Nina growled into Accalia's neck and finally released her, squeezing her forearms in a death grip.

"I'm sorry, I forget you're human sometimes. I could hug the life out of you though." Nina beamed and bumped her pregnant belly against Accalia.

Accalia smiled. "In a world of lycans, it would be easy to forget."

Nina and Gabriel were leaving for their pack. They needed a head start in the early hours of the morning as it was quite a trip from Lycus's pack to theirs. But they made the travels, wanting to reveal their news to everyone and have the celebration held here.

Accalia encountered more acceptance by Nina's side than Lycus's. The Luna's sweetness tended to make the wolves laugh, but her feral sneer could quickly make them turn heads in the other direction.

Accalia partly felt Gabriel came here to check in with Rexton.

He was on the verge of ripping Lycus's neck out days ago for allowing Rexton to slip away with Cadence and crossing the Fenris borders.

Just as the Fenris brothers were at the point of recruiting wolves to go on a manhunt for them, Cadence and Rexton returned unscathed.

And as far as Accalia was concerned, Cadence hadn't laid the slightest finger on Rexton and neither did he. It was a shocking sight to see, after all Cadence had threatened and promised.

"Let's hit the road, Angel," Gabriel muttered, taking Accalia out of her whirlwind of thoughts.

Once again, Nina hugged Accalia tightly and kissed her on the cheek in farewell.

"When we come back again, I'll have a baby on my hip and you better babysit," Nina said to Accalia and parted away from her, walking to her mate.

Accalia looked back to see Lycus and Rexton standing side by side, looking more alike at dawn as the sun rose than when the moon returned as night fell. It was safe to say, Lycus had his little brother on a tighter leash than before.

"Hurry up," Lycus said to Rexton and signalled to Gabriel. "Go say goodbye."

Rexton grinned widely and strode over to Gabriel, patting him gently on the back.  "I'll see you soon, brother."

Gabriel hooked his arm around Rexton's shoulders and pulled him in for a quick embrace.

The Alpha released him and shot a warning look at Lycus. "You better take care of him."

Lycus's face went serious and he bowed dramatically with a flourishing wave of the hand. "With my life, Alpha."

Gabriel rolled his eyes and led Nina into the car, opening the door for her.

"Watch your head, Angel." He murmured and shut the door for her, the pair bidding their final goodbyes.

Their car travelled through the dirt tracks at rapid speed and drove over a hill, disappearing from view as the sun broke through the gaping trees.