39

The games we play
~
Erisa
~

Erisa slumped against Cole's lean body and slowly turned around to face him, preparing to see the eyes of a lycan rather than a being remotely human. 

Cole was dressed handsomely as every other time Erisa had seen him. Black jewellery wrapped around his neck and hooked on his slender fingers, donning a black bomber jacket and different shades of darkness that covered him from head to toe.

His face, that forbidden and deceiving face revealed hollowed cheeks that were striking as ever and eyes that were unmistakably grey, the ruining of an approaching storm. 

"How'd you find me so fast?" Erisa played at the question with a gleaming smile, knowing his prying nose led him to her and wanted to kick him for it.

Cheat.

Cole grinned slyly and tapped Erisa's nose shamelessly, an inside joke circling those grey eyes of his. "I told you I'm good at tracking."

"Well, you won," Erisa confessed cheekily and stepped away from him, needing the natural air of the outside.

Cole's eyes dilated and he stepped toward her, backing her into a nearby wall. "Now I get a prize."

Erisa laughed mirthlessly and once again, took a step away from the Alpha. "We didn't speak about prizes."

Cole grinned, his lycan threatening to show and said, "I already have my prize, Moonbeam."

His warm fingers threaded through hers, tugging her into his chest and Erisa felt his chest rumble, suppressing a growl.

"It better be me." Erisa flirted, running her fingertip across his sleeve and it didn't take a genius to figure out that Cole was willing to risk it all, his eyes fading to black with flecks of grey storming through.

"Only you," Cole confirmed fiercely.

Erisa almost choked, not expecting such ferocity from the mouth of an Alpha toward someone like her.

"Do you want to get cotton candy?" Cole asked, eyes twinkling down at Erisa.

Erisa clasped Cole's hand and meshed her body into his side, peering up at him. "As long as you're buying."

They left the exit of the haunted house and were whisked back into the river of people that catered to their desires.

Cole brought them cotton candy at a food truck, not letting Erisa escape him once she was by his side and did everything with one hand, handing her the cloud of sugar.

Erisa thanked him, picking at the candy and feeding it into her mouth, trying to ignore the looks Cole would give to her throughout their stroll that led them nowhere.

Cole popped the candy into his mouth and had Erisa stitched at his hip, nowhere to run or hide.

The silence spoke louder, drilling into suffocation and Erisa took off from him, skipping over to a row of games.

"Wanna play this?" Erisa questioned, pointing to the Down-A-Clown game that had puppet clowns stationed in rows ready to get knocked down. 

Cole rolled his eyes and Erisa faked a pout, eyes rounding in lying sadness.

"You said you'd win me a toy," Erisa added and Cole groaned, giving the worker the ticket for them to play.

They were given balls to use on the clowns and Erisa didn't even give Cole a chance to collect one and began taking down the clowns one by one, like arrows shooting into her daily targets of trees back home.