chapter 17

I woke up to more banging on my window. It's been about an hour-ish and billy still won't leave me alone. I grabbed the curtains and yanked them open "what do you actually want!! What's soo important that you have to come see me instead of your stupid girlfriend Jackie!!" I felt more tears form in my eyes and billy just stood there in shock. "Stupid?? Griffin, the only person being stupid here is you!! God youre being so annoying and pathetic!" My heart shattered. I felt a warm tear stream down my face as I watched Billy cover his mouth in regret. I closed the window and closed the curtains again. I could hear him getting on his bike to leave.

That's when I decided to look for my box cutter again. Instead of finding that, I found a cassette tape Billy made for me. I started sobbing and I fell to my knees. I threw the cassette tape at the wall and watched it break into pieces. I hate him. I grabbed my phone and went onto billys contact since he texted me. (Beware of a longgggg paragraph coming ahead😭)

'i hate you. I hate everything about you. Don't ever come up to me in school ever again. You're stupid and pathetic, god I don't even know why I dated you!! You're honestly the worst person I've ever met. I hope you kill yourself you little f4g. Nobody actually likes you. Not Finney. Not Bruce. Not anyone. Not even your own father could stand you that's why he abused you!! I'm so fucking glad I broke up with you. You were genuinely the worst partner I ever had. Jackie is way better than you'll ever be. She's smart,skinny,pretty and has something you'll never have. Love. Your an actual f4ggot. No wonder buzz,Matty and Matt bullied you. You look like a scrawny carpet rubbed in muck!!"

I read all of that. I tried to send a message, but when I did, it said he blocked me. I clicked off the message and rang Finney.

"Hey Finn. Whats happening?" (G)
"Nothing much Griff, why, whats wrong??"(F)
"If its not too much, could you tell Billy I love him for me??" (G)
"Uhm yeah, sure, why??" (F)
"Don't worry. No reason." (G)

I hung up. I tossed my phone somewhere on the bed, I sat up, put my shoes on and headed out the door. It was a tiny bit dark, but there was still light. I walked to a bridge and looked over at the edge. I sighed. This is it. This is the moment everyone's been waiting for. Billy, My dad, Buzz, Matty and Matt. And probably Jackie.

Finneys pov:

Whenever griffin hung up, I mumbled something to myself. "That was a bit weird.." I went off of Griffin's contact and messaged billy.

'hey uhm, idk why but griffin told me to tell you that he loves you.' (F)

'what? Why? What happened??' (B)

'dont ask me.' (F)

Then that's when it finally hit me. I threw my phone on the bed, quickly put my shoes on, not even tying them, I grabbed my phone again and rang billy. Then I stormed out of my house slamming the door behind me.

"Billy, Griffin's gonna kill himself!!" I yelled on the phone as I turned it on speaker.

"What do you mean he's gonna kill himself." I heard the pain in Billy's voice. I felt tears empty from my eyes.

"I think I know where he is. He showed me this bridge thing and said if he ever wanted to die, it would be here." I started running faster than I've ever ran. Then Billy hung up on me. I shoved my phone in my pocket and seen Billy leaving his house and running to where I told him. I caught up to him.

Griffin's pov:

I slowly climbed onto the edge of the bridge, looking at the water underneath me. I took a sharp breath and let one foot off, until I heard at least one or two people screaming my name. It was.. Finney and... Billy?? I was confused, but I didn't care. I looked back down at the water and put my foot back over the edge. I closed my eyes and took one final breath, then I let myself fall. Or so I thought. Someone grabbed my hand before I fell.

Billy. it was billy who grabbed my hand. He pulled me back up and he fell backwards. "What the fuck griffin?! Why the fuck would you do that!!" I saw tears fall down his pale, but rosey cheeks. "Because you told me too." I looked at the ground and he looked confused. "What do you mean, I told you too??" I looked at him, confused aswell. "You messaged me telling me how worthless I am earlier on, remember?" He tilted his head in response. "No?? I haven't texted you all day?" I watched him grab his phone out of his pocket as he went through our messages. "Jackie." I heard him mutter under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear.

I felt my knees shake like they did two years ago on Billy's sleepover. I fell knees first onto the concrete bridge. It scrapped and cut my knees, but only a tiny bit of blood came out. Billy pulled my onto his lap and I snuggled my head in the crook of his neck. He lifted me bridal style, while Finney watched us, shaking for his life. I hung onto billys neck for dear life aswell, he took me home and robin came to collect Finney.

Me and Billy went up into my room. "So, you're telling me, that you broke up with her, so she stole your phone and texted me that??" I tilted my head. "Yeah, I guess." He stretched and yawned and I just chuckled. He pouted in a jokingly way and I cupped his cheeks. "Awwh, did I make poor billy saddd??~" I was teasing him, then he looked at me straight into my eyes and legit pinned me on my bed. I felt all the blood rush to my face and he just chuckled letting go of me and laying down beside me. "You blusheddd!!" He was teasing me. I hated being teased, but if it was billy, I'm okay with it. I sat up and so did he. We locked eye contact for a moment then he tugged me by the shirt, pulling me in for a kiss.

I missed his touch.

———————

A/N: that's it for this chapter:) a little warning though, there will be a bit of smut on the next chapter😭😭 so beware

1129 words!