Chapter 7 - Media

Ring, ring, ring... Ring, ring, ring

Breaking News

Japanese Government Obtains Different World Map

The TV broadcast that began with Prime Minister Sasaki's press conference continued nonstop for 24 hours without a single commercial break.

There were no commercials at all, and the 24-hour news coverage of the transference continued uninterrupted, with more than ten news bulletins in the past two days.

The reason for the lack of commercials was that the sponsors were all shutting down their businesses, and they did not want to appear inappropriate, as they did during the earthquake. The TV stations had to be so cautious that they even refrained from the commercials that had made them neurotic because there were so few of them during the Great East Japan Earthquake. The TV station staff, however, could not be replaced and continued to broadcast the news.

The first news bulletin was "Prime Minister Sasaki admits Japan has moved to another world" during Prime Minister Sasaki's press conference, followed by the National Defense Force's reconnaissance of the other world and contact with aliens. If something major happened, such as being tracked by an airship, it was announced in the form of a bulletin, and the announcers and anchors continued to talk about the details immediately.

April 15, 2019, 22:05 Japan Time

Yamato TV, Special News Program

"As there was a news bulletin just now, the National Defense Forces, which had been out of the country for a survey of the Foreign Land, made contact again with the Illyharan forces with whom they had made contact yesterday. We exchanged information with each other in friendly contact. At that time, the Japanese provided a world map of the Earth, and in return, Illyharan seems to have provided a world map of this planet. Here is the map of this another world."

Male caster Kazunari Eda and female caster Kyouko Saotome stepped away to the left and right, and a map appeared on a monitor in the rear.

"This is the world map provided by the government a few minutes ago, and this is the first time we have seen it. You can see three large continents and four landmasses about the size of Australia and Greenland."

Pointing to the screen, he carefully explained what anyone could see.

"The location of Japan, which is the focus of our attention, can be seen here in the circular shape of the landform. According to observations by the Geospatial Information Authority of Japan, this planet is twelve times the size of the Earth in diameter, and its circumference is 480.000 kilometers. This circle is 4.000 kilometers to 480.000 kilometers, so it looks so small."

"According to experts, the gravity of this planet is supposed to be five to six times greater than that of the Earth. This means that a person weighing 60 kilograms would weigh 300 kilograms, making it difficult to stand up like this. However, the actual gravity is 9,813 m/s2, almost the same as that of the Earth, and this may be due to the planet's rotation speed, which is 12 times faster than that of the Earth, the low mass and density of the planet, or the effect of the principle of levitation. Either way, it's nice to see that the gravity is almost the same."

"This world map, like the Earth map, has what appear to be border lines. If you look at it, you can see that the circular mountains, where Japan is located, are bordered on the north and south."

"According to the government, the northern part is the territory of Illyharan, which calls this region Eustre in Foreign Land language, and the southern part is a state called Regen. It turns out that it was the country of Regen that attacked the National Defense Forces yesterday, which is curious, but it is unclear why Regen launched an attack with their warships, which we call airships for the sake of convenience, and the Japanese National Defense Forces."