Chapter 25 - Embassy

"Is this the flying island that will serve as Illyharan's embassy?"

Haguma looked up to see a flying island similar to Rassalon, hexagonal from above and trapezoidal from the side, floating under the cloudy sky. The height of the flying island was about 30 meters. A month ago, this island would have been a UFO and would have caused great panic, but in today's Japan, it is a familiar sight. However, this sky island is much smaller than Rassalon by around 100 meters.

There are several standards for sky islands, and the sky island that came within 10 km of the Sea of Japan, which was ceded to Japan, is a relatively small one with only facilities for 100 people. Originally, these islands were to be connected and operated as a small town, but this time they were to be used as an embassy, so it came independently. There are six levels of sky islands, and Japan has its own classification for them: "Class (X) Sky Island," which ranges from Class SP to Class 5. The one they came to this time is a Class 4, the second from the bottom, and the Rassalon Floating Base, which can accommodate 50.000 people, is a Class 1.

And, of course, the island makes no noise at all. It is said to be equipped with a generator to generate heat and electricity, but since it is located inside, it is practically silent. This Class 4 Sky Island for embassies is always in the vicinity of the connection area and serves as the gateway from Japan to Illyharan. On the other hand, Japan is also planning to renovate a room at the Rassalon Floating Base to Japanese specifications and use it as a gateway to Japan from Illyharan.

"Yes. It was originally built as a general-purpose office, and we are going to use a 30-year-old building that was about to be demolished," Ruyle, the ever-familiar Lian representative, explained.

They will say goodbye to her when they are ready to learn how to write her language. Normally, the conversation would take place at the exchange site halfway between Japan and Rassalon, but today the two armies were in contact 10 kilometers from the connection area that had been verbally ceded due to the arrival of the Class 4 Sky Island. The plan for today is to show them around the embassy and coordinate various things.

"By the way, how long does a sky island like this last?"

"It's estimated to be between thirty and forty years."

"Is that applying for the airship as well?"

Ruyle nodded at Amamiya's question.

"That's not much different from Earth. The escort ships are also decommissioned at about that long."

"Escort Ship. Is that by any chance a combat ship that floated in the sea and fired missiles?"

"Yes, its classification is the same as your flying destroyer."

"But it looks like a submarine."

"Submarine? Is that also a waterborne vehicle?"

"Yes. I can't give you the details, but it's very similar."

"Can't it be used for any purpose?"

"Submarines are a state secret in Earth's navies, even we can't talk about them to our allies."

"I see."

Submarines are a mass of secrets, as they are called the silent hunters of the sea. Even if it is a grateful country that has been granted national recognition, they can't talk about it so freely. They don't know what role they can play in the sea isolated from the ocean, but there is no need to dare to talk about a weapon that has no concept. Although they think they are useless, the reality is that they don't know how it will turn out. Looking at the sky, the approaching Class 4 Sky Island stopped right above them.