Chapter 56 - Battle of Altaran (3): Japan's Proposal

"We're going to make Eustre a special development zone."

This was the countermeasure proposal to the half-bloods presented by Japan. However, the lack of relevance to this proposal made the Committee on Alien Nation Response look at them skeptically.

"Prime Minister Sasaki, could you please explain why making Eustre a special development zone would be a measure for half-blood individuals? Please elaborate."

One of the committee members asked for an explanation, and PM Sasaki explained. It took a good two hours to explain it thoroughly, and summarizing it, it goes something like this.

While Japan tolerates encounters, interactions, relationships, and marriages between Japanese and Lians, they complicate and legally obstruct "love" through rigorous contraception procedures and maintenance, up until marriage. Nevertheless, due to the inevitable birth of half-Japanese individuals, it becomes necessary to avoid their dispersal worldwide while guaranteeing freedom until marriage. Every country would want to secure geniuses, but they prioritize preserving pure-blooded individuals and gathering them in one place.

The perfect place for this is Eustre.

With a diameter of 4.000 kilometers, the sense of confinement is minimal, and Japan, as the cause of this, can benefit from potential large-scale development in the future without letting that potential go to waste. However, to avoid monopolization and criticism from countries where half-Japanese individuals are born, foreign companies that undergo strict inspections and receive approval will be invited to Eustre.

Eustre is a place where an endless supply of phoron sleeps. Furthermore, in the future, gathering all half-bloods will become a significant issue. However, allowing Altaran or other countries to manage Eustre is not an option, which is why foreign company recruitment is necessary. On the multinational sky island, all tertiary industries will be packed into Eustre from the temporary to the long term. As the population increases, various risks increase, but with rigorous inspections, they can be mitigated, and the precious genius potential will not go to waste.

As for the most crucial point, the disclosure of half-bloods, it will be dealt with as a response to the ongoing concern of permanent genetic contamination. Suppressing genius potential is to prevent pursuing only geniuses while disregarding genetic contamination. Simply put, if they are not a couple, there is little value in seeking half-bloods outside of research, which alone will likely lower the birthrate of half-bloods.

This will be presented as a treaty to prevent half-bloods to be ratified by various countries, and when entering into a diplomatic treaty with Japan, this ratification will be a prerequisite. There are many other detailed prevention measures, but summarily, this is the half-blood prevention proposal that Japan has come up with.

"Thus, this is the countermeasure proposal we have considered."

The explanation of Japanese government's proposal for dealing with half-bloods took a long two and a half hours. It would have been fine for Haguma to speak Sasaki's words as he did before, but he had to translate the Prime Minister's words because questions kept coming from the committee, frequently interrupting.

"Of course, this proposal has many issues. Ultimately, it could be a significant plus for the global economy, but that's only if ideals become reality. In practice, it depends on the intentions of each country, and even reaching 50% would be a question mark."

"Yes, as the Prime Minister says. Your country's proposal is bold and can even be considered impossible," Morlot, who had remained silent during the entire explanation, replied in a heavy tone. "Certainly, if that proposal were to become a reality, it would benefit the world. Phoronites would circulate steadily to various countries, and the activities of floating cities in each country would become more vibrant. If Japanese companies also participate, there's no doubt that development will occur, as we can obtain alien technology. However, the risks are also immense."