Chapter 44 - Signing Ceremony of the Interplanetary Diplomatic Treaty (Part 2)

There are 4 billion people living in the Foreign Land. There are 7 billion people living on Earth.

Among them, did anyone imagine that this scene would actually happen?

One person is the King of Illyharan.

Another person is the Prime Minister of Japan.

Two leaders from different worlds, not at the level of countries but at the level of planets, are standing in the same place. In fiction, there have been many encounters with extraterrestrial beings, but Haguma had never seen both leaders peacefully holding a meeting like this.

First of all, when it comes to contact with aliens, they always come from outer space, and without exception, their civilization is significantly advanced. It is rare for the two civilizations to be technologically equal. Being equals is important for creating this scene.

If there were significant differences between them, it would be difficult for them to stand together after understanding each other's differences. However, despite having different cultures, their civilizations are at the same level, making understanding easier. As a result, although they are different species, both leaders were able to stand in the same place.

If they hadn't taken any counterterrorism measures, there would have been a torrential rain of flashes from media representatives gathered from all over the world. However, this time, the media representatives were completely shut out. There were only occasional photos taken for free distribution, and the venue itself was quiet. The number of people inside is kept to a minimum because there is no need to unnecessarily include soldiers as spectators. In earthly terms, it is like a match without an audience.

It can be said that it is a great dissatisfaction that the media representatives cannot enter this historic moment for either species. Why can't people gather information other than what the government releases before establishing diplomatic relations with an extraterrestrial nation? If they don't feel dissatisfied, they should not be involved in journalism. Japan and Illyharan don't allow media representatives on both sides as a counterterrorism measure. However, this leads to a lack of trust in the media representatives, and even if there were interference at media exchange events, the distrust would grow. Therefore, at this press conference, Japan decided to explain that the reason for announcing the policy of serfdom on Japan before Altaran's disclosure was due to a thorough counterterrorism policy. It is uncertain whether public opinion will be satisfied with this, but at the very least, there is a reason to announce it before Altaran.

Since Japan's transference, it has not engaged in any military aggression as typical of aliens. By exposing Altaran's unjust policies, including the achievements of the past three months, Japan aims to garner support from governments and public opinion in countries other than the Committee on Alien Nation Response. If that happens, the Committee will face difficulties implementing its policies. Of course, there must be a country somewhere that possesses information significant enough to unite the Committee, and the outcome of its public release is unknown.

The intelligence agency of Illyharan is searching for that 'information,' but it seems that there are no records, not even on paper, and they have no idea where to start. If they had known, we would have prepared countermeasures, but if that's not possible, they have no choice but to take risks. And now, the joint press conference of the leaders of Japan and Illyharan has begun.

"...Three months ago, our Kingdom of Illyharan and the entire world were shaken," King Hauer, standing in front of the podium, began speaking into the microphone.

"We had always aliens coming from space. They would arrive in highly advanced spacecraft, have completely different appearances from us, and it was normal for them to attack us upon first contact rather than being friendly. However, the aliens appeared in an unexpected form. Who could have imagined that they would come not in spaceships, but by land? At least in all the works of fiction I know, there is not a single instance of an alien civilization arriving as a whole nation.