Chapter 55 - Battle of Altaran (2): Classified Material

It's gratifying that he confessed to being a half-blood, but it becomes troublesome when he becomes obstinate. In meetings like this, they must not break Whistler's consciousness no matter what. Obstinance makes it even harder to break. However, that doesn't mean Japan can give in.

"President Whistler, if you have heard about the hypothesis Professor Haguma discovered from our ambassador regarding the recent meeting, may I assume that the hypothesis has been confirmed as correct?"

"I don't matter. The problem of allowing you all to be free is much more significant."

While acknowledging, he refuses to speak the truth. It's not satisfying, but the present is more critical for Japan than the past.

"President Whistler, all our actions since the transference to our country until today have been based on the assumption that half-bloods exist. However, there is no evidence to support the existence of half-bloods. Our actions are based on the belief that a superior species will inevitably be born, but without evidence, we cannot act, can we?"

Even the acceptance of the serfdom policy is contingent on being 'proven' as a half. Without biological evidence, a national decision cannot be made.

"First, let's share the correct information. Chairman Morlot, since President Whistler has confessed to being a half-blood, may I inquire whether President Whistler has explained this to everyone?"

If they want to delve deeper into the conversation, Japan must have consistent basic information. Prime Minister Sasaki dared to touch on the fact that he did not ask from a political standpoint.

"...Yes, I certainly heard about President Whistler's statement regarding being a half. I thought they were speaking nonsense when I first heard it, but after seeing this document, the entire committee's perspective changed," Chairman Morlot said as he took a thick stack of documents resembling an encyclopedia from under the table and placed it on the desk in front of Haguma.

All the documents were written in Martani. A month ago, he couldn't have read them, but thanks to the delay caused by Illyharan's political upheaval, he had the opportunity to study. Haguma can't understand everything, but it's not so unreadable that it can't be conveyed.

"......May I have a moment?"

It was not PM Sasaki but Haguma who asked the committee for permission. He needed to read this and share the information with PM Sasaki to move forward.

"Very well. Let's take a thirty-minute break. Acting King Rict, please."

Only Japan and Illyharan have not shared information at this point. Only the provided documents exist, so they were given to Ruyle who was waiting outside to read them. Otherwise, the Japanese and Illyharan leaders cannot simultaneously understand the situation. Thirty minutes may not be enough for a detailed understanding, but he can grasp the outline.

The basic premise aligns with the hypothesis proposed by Haguma.

About 70 years ago, a population of 3.238 people appeared in the vicinity of the Circular Mountains of Eustre, replacing the grasslands of the Regen region. There was also a black-and-white photo, showing them to be clearly bound to the ground and yellow-skinned. Upon inquiry, it was found that most of them identified themselves as "Zhong Guo," and this term has since been used to describe their race.

This term, Zhong Guo, was the native name for "China." This fact proves that the phenomenon of transference occurred in China long before it did in Japan. Shortly after the transference, a Regen patrol ship happened to be nearby and captured them, later referring to this as "protection." Normally, information about alien beings or a new race would spread worldwide, but that didn't happen, either by good fortune or misfortune. Communication was not as advanced as it is today, and it seemed they wanted to keep the information secret to gain an advantage. Subsequently, they established a top-secret research facility sky island equivalent to Rassalon and conducted research on these three thousand.