Chapter 48 - Inspection Begins

Even though the entire Japanese archipelago was shocked by the presence of a nuclear submarine, Haguma continued his job despite the commotion.

To be honest, even if Haguma were given the political card of nuclear weapons, he didn't know how to use it. Nuclear weapons alone possess tremendous power, and Haguma couldn't envision a more effective use for them.

Therefore, in order to increase the credibility of his hypothesis, Haguma diligently read through the documents created by other professors and associate professors who were active at the Suda Garrison. He intentionally refrained from asking people directly, as he could obtain more specialized information from the documents themselves.

If this hypothesis turned out to be true, Haguma thought that it would be dangerous for many people to know. Having fewer people aware of it would enhance the political leverage of this hypothesis, although Haguma couldn't guarantee it. He even discussed with Nogihara, whom he explained the hypothesis to, that it would be better if fewer people knew about it. He connected an external HDD that contained terabytes of data to his computer and continued his search for as long as time permitted.

From biology to genetics, sociology in different regions, and modern history, the contributions made by various scholars working in parallel since the transference began were worth saving Japan. Haguma consumed energy drinks and fought off drowsiness while going through the findings.

However, it was impossible to find detailed information on a global scale. Three months was a short period, and the data obtained through conversations made it even more challenging to prepare detailed materials. Nevertheless, these were important resources for Haguma outside his area of expertise. They were more trustworthy than the scattered information found on the internet, at the very least.

Among the vast amount of data, he only needed a few pieces, but with thousands or even tens of thousands of hits from a text search, it was challenging. During his browsing, he often thought it would be faster to ask directly. With the establishment of communication means between Japan and Rassalon, Haguma no longer had to visit exchange sites as before. He locked himself in his room and wrestled with the documents. He could have direct conversations with the Lians through the levinium-powered wireless device he received from Ruyle. By the way, it was borrowed from Japan as a symbol of friendship when the communication line was established. Of course, he used it only for official purposes and never for personal use.

There was a reason why he couldn't use it anymore.

Instead, Haguma's hypothesis gained more credibility. The more he investigated, the more the missing pieces of the puzzle fell into place. All that remained was to fit the 'evidence' at the center of the puzzle, and the blank puzzle would instantly become a complete picture.

There's a possibility that it could turn out completely different. This hypothesis is complex and has come about through miraculous circumstances, but it could also be entirely unrelated and simply due to humans being aliens themselves to this place.

Whether to utilize the physical nuclear bombs that are nuclear weapons or to exploit the hypothesis as a political nuclear bomb, Haguma won't know until he actually confronts Altaran's Committee on Alien Nation Response. At least, this is the extent of the preparations Haguma can make.

Five days after the signing ceremony was interrupted, an Altaran-affiliated flying ship arrived within Eustre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Japan basically interacts only with Rassalon, there is a misconception that the flying ships are warships, but there are also unarmed flying ships, of course. A flying ship, to put it simply, is a combination of an airplane and a ship. Therefore, there are flying ships without military elements.