Chapter 14 - Agendas

"President Whistler, are you serious?"

"King Hauer, why would I be joking?"

"But the Japanese will not be silent. Neither will my country."

"This is our decision. We and our allies will seize Eustre."

On the 2nd day of the 9th Month, at 17:00, a hastily arranged teleconference was held between the leaders of Illyharan and Regen. The meeting, however, was far from peaceful.

On the monitor in front of King Hauer was an elderly, bearded, and bald man wearing a suit. He is Whistler Balramm, the 15th President of the Republic of Regen.

This man is a typical Regen man who always obtains what he wanted by force. From the strength of the military, status, authority, and all kinds of "power."

The highest honor and power for such a man is, needless to say, the head of state.

That is why Whistler was so intent on seizing Eustre, the sacred place of his state's religion, using the military under his direct command, which is the greatest privilege of the President of Regen.

He is trying to somehow gain the right of effective control to Regen by circumventing the Illyharan forces which monitored the area. They have been trying to keep things quiet because they do not want to turn their Holy Land into a warzone, even if it would be easy to do so if they went to war.

However, Japan's appearance seemed to have changed his mind drastically. Perhaps it was triggered by the demand for an apology from the Japanese via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

"To that extent, the government of Regen refused to apologize to the Japanese government."

The Japanese government's demand for an apology is quite reasonable. If it was the end of broken negotiations, there would still be room for understanding, but if they invade another country's territory without any dialogue and then attack it, Regen is not even allowed to have a say in the first place.

Illyharan has also expressed its firm condemnation and has imposed a partial trade ban as a sanction.

"This Japan country is not even belonged to this planet. Why should we apologize to them? So is your country. I wonder why do not take decisive action against Japan who is invading your Holy Land."

"The Japanese are not barbaric, violent, and monstrous like the aliens in fiction. They look like us, and they have the same intelligence and culture as us. How can we pass on to future generations if we reap the first existence of such beings in history with a single word of anxiety?"

"What is your country going to do with Japan?"

"We have determined that there is no danger in our exchanges with them. If it is determined that there is no danger of disease and other things, our country is prepared to recognize the sovereignty of Japan."

The threat to Illyharan is whether or not Japan will invade, but the more they learn, the more they have to judge that the likelihood of this is low. How can it be said that it is a nation that plans to invade, given the video footage of the exchange, including that press conference? They have declared themselves incapable of invasion, and they are not actively trying to enter Eustre.

Above all, to take to the skies, they have to use those noisy non-floating planes and jets. If the cost of taking to the skies is high, they will not be able to increase their numbers, and their threat will drop proportionally. If this is the case, it is possible to prevent them from doing so as long as there is a good surveillance network in place. Even if they possess stealth aircraft that are less likely to be detected by radar, the amount of material they have is negligible.