By Your Side [Sorasaki Hina]

"Sensei, welcome back. I've been waiting for you."

An unexpected voice greeted you as you opened the door. The voice came from someone who was usually so very busy and had her schedule jam-packed for days to come. "Hina?" You stood surprised by the sitting figure of the infamous leader of the Gehenna Prefect Team. "That's rare. What's up?"

"I had something to discuss with you..." She stated. "And I managed to shift around my schedule today, so I can help your work for a few hours today." She continued with a small smile as you let out a silent sigh.

And so, you began your discussion with her regarding Gehenna's inner workings. Your outside perspective helped keep them objective, she said. But you did try to help give her some advice whenever you could.

Before you knew it, the discussion had already ended. "With that aside..." She huffed as she stood up. "Let's get to work, Sensei." She readied herself for whatever work you had, but you... you already had another plan stirring in motion.

With a slight grin, you stood up. "Hina, come here for a moment." You motioned for her to follow you as she hummed questioningly. Though she still followed you, you could almost feel her curiosity burn your back as you exited the office.

Although you expected questions, she did not shoot a single one, opting to dutifully follow you like a secretary. Your shoes clicked loudly against the floor as you trekked forward toward arguably one of the most important facilities of the Schale building.

She let out an asking hum as the two of you reached your intended destination. You opened the door, feeling the pleasantly cool breeze hit your face. "Sit down." You motioned for her as you moved toward the coffee maker in the corner.

"Sensei...?" She muttered, but you could still hear her drop on the Lounge sofa. Moments passed as silence ensued, the only sound to fill the room was the sound of the coffee maker fulfilling its purpose.

Black gold liquid spilled forth onto what you've prepared, two cups worth of coffee. You poured a packet of cream and sugar onto one of them before bringing both of them toward the coffee table that she was waiting at.

"Here. No cream, no sugar." You handed hers with a small smile. "Ah... thank you, Sensei." Her lips curled upward as she sipped from the cup. She placed her cup down before her purple irises focused on you. Her sharp gaze caused you to silently chuckle. "So, Sensei, what kind of work are we doing here?"

In response, you let out a knowing sigh. "Hina." You uttered her name in a slow tone. "Relax. Breath." She flinched, knowing what it is that you wanted. Her eyes anxiously darted here and there, trying to find any spies... or maybe traces of someone living in the walls. "But-"

"No one is coming." You reassured her. "Sensei, what about your work?" She asked, a genuine worry in her tone. And you couldn't help but smile in response.

"Eh, it's fine." You waved away her worry. "I'm sure Arona can help me... I think." You chuckled before sipping your coffee, feeling a bitterness mixed with creamy sweetness hit your tongue. "So, why don't you tell me how's Gehenna doing, hm?"