Two Pairs of Eyes, One Pair of Hearts [Kasumizawa Miyu]

Tap tap tap tap tap.

'These footsteps...' You thought as you sat in your office chair. 'It's faint, almost silent, even.' A quiet hum ran in your mind. 'Though they're already close by.'

'It's her, then.' You smiled, knowing the only one who could have such quiet footsteps when they were already by your office door. "Hello, Miyu." You greeted as you turned around to see her face.

"Fueeee!!!" A high-pitched scream of surprise pierced your ear. You chuckled as your eyes met with hers, though she looked as if she had the life scared out of hers. You closed your eyes with a hum as your hand reached out for her head, before gently and carefully ruffling her hair.

'...'

You opened your eyes as she was still subject to your patting. "S-Sensei..." She mumbled weakly, causing you to let out another bout of chuckle. "Good morning, Miyu."

This girl was Kasumizawa Miyu, one of the SRT's RABBIT Platoon members. She was a short girl, only about your stomach height, which made her a very pat-able material. Her ruby-red eyes were often darkened by her low self-esteem, which stemmed from her being unnoticeable to others. However... when she's with you... her eyes were a different story.

And yet...

'...' You silently hummed, looking away from her eyes trying to catch on to yours. "You got a few leaves..." Your fingers gently plucked the few leaves stuck in her long black hair. "Did you just finish another training?"

"Y-Yes... it's the least I can do as a sniper." The girl answered, her eyes once again trying to meet yours. You looked her briefly in the eyes, before closing yours momentarily and chuckled. "I see." A slow hum escaped your throat. "Then as your reward, I'll treat you to some sweets."

"F-Fue!?" She shrieked once again in surprise. "I-It's fine, Sensei, you really don't have to!" She refused your offer. "B-Beside, someone like me..." She began, and you instantly knew where she was heading with her words. With her low self-esteem striking again, it's up to you to find some way to diverge her from such thoughts.

"Deserve a sweet or two." Both of your hands crept up her cheeks, before gently pinching the soft and squishy mochi-like texture. "S-Sensei..." She looked up, her gaze drawn to your eyes. Inevitably, the glimmer in her ruby-red eyes finally found its way to you. And within the shine of her eyes, you find yourself reflected in her eyes, fully and wholly.

The ache that followed, you had to push through it, just to see her smile.

"Heh." You chuckled, releasing your hold on her face. "Come now, let's go shopping." You went ahead. "B-But Sensei, your work..." She tried to refuse once again, but you easily countered. "It's fine, Miyu. I needed a breather anyway." You smiled, seeing her worry over you like that.

Yet it made your chest ache that much deeper.

=====

Together with Miyu, you went to the city shopping district, which had everything one might need. Foods, groceries, utilities, guns, weapons, you name it, this place probably got it all.