Warm and Sweet [Ogata Kanna]

Fwip. Fwip. Fwip.

Beneath the sunny afternoon sky, you were cleaning your pistol in your office. It was a semi-automatic model, your trusted partner when things went south. Both of you have been through thick and thin, to hell and back together.

"Sensei, look at the news!"

Little Arona's voice echoed from behind with a sense of great urgency, and the TV was turned on. You turned your attention to it and saw that it was a news report from the Kronos School of Journalism.

It was news of a massive gang raid in a nearby district. The scene showed that the city was akin to a warzone now. Firefight was breaking out everywhere within the district's limit. The Valkyrie Police School members tried their best to contain the danger and evacuate the citizens, but the overwhelming number of assailants made it difficult for them.

You were about to stand up and head to the scene, but another glance at the TV and you were frozen in spot. A wolf-eared, blonde-haired girl was seen directing the Valkyrie students on the battlefield. Her uniform was dirtied with soot and dust and there was a little bit of nicks and scratches on her face.

"Arona, I'm heading out!" You shouted as you quickly grabbed your bulletproof suit and pistol, before dashing out of your office. "Stay safe, Sensei!" You could hear Arona's voice as you slammed the door open with great force.

=====

"Hmm..." As you arrived at the battlefield behind the Valkyrie Police School's line of defense, your eyes were quickly darting all over the place. "Not good." You surmised the situation with two words. Bullets were flying all around you, but you kept your calm and searched for the one you wished to find the most.

"!" As you found her, you quickly dashed across the Valkyrie's forces, surprising them with your sudden and unannounced arrival. She was crouched on the front line, taking cover behind a large piece of rubble.

You slid behind the rubble, before nestling yourself beside her. She froze for a few moments, slowly analyzing you until she came to a realization. "S-Sensei?!" The blonde-haired girl was obviously surprised by your appearance, right beside her and in the middle of the battlefield, no less. "What are you doing here?!" She questioned amidst the gunfire, but you could not answer her question and instead stared at her wounded visage.

The Director of the Public Peace Bureau, Ogata Kanna.

You kept your silence and... suddenly cupped her face in your hand. "S-Sensei?!" The girl shouted in surprise.  'You're hurt...' You could feel a grimace appearing on your face, but you cared not. "Take a rest, Kanna." You ruffled her hair. "I will take care of this."

"Huh?!"

You stood up and saw the legion of gangsters and machines standing in your way.

Let's fix that.

=====