Dear Little Ninja [Kuda Izuna]

The chilly breeze kissing your cheeks. The warm sunlight shining on your face. The melodic song of the birds in the sky above. The peaceful air of the residential area.

Another tranquil day.

"Eeeek!!!"

Or not.

You looked above, seeing the figure-shaped silhouette careening toward you rapidly. "Hehe." You chuckled at the absurdity of such a view because you knew whose voice it was. You stretched your arms before you, ready to catch her body as she fell from the sky.

People always said that angels would descend from the heavens.

But nobody ever said that one would fall right into your arms.

Plop! And she landed safely in your arms. "My lord!" The stars in her eyes shined bright as she laid her eyes on you, her fox ears twitching rapidly in the meanwhile. "Hehe, good grief..." You laughed in amusement as you princess-carried her in your embrace. "What are you doing, Izuna?"

The angel in your arms was Kuda Izuna, one of your precious students here. She wore a sleeveless sailor uniform with a blue collar and skirt. A pink scarf was tied around her neck, holding the logo of the Hyakkiyako Academy. The girl before you had short and dark brown hair, contrasting her glimmering amber eyes.

"I was escorting you, my lord!" She cheerfully answered without a moment's hesitation. 'So... stalking?' You wryly thought as you slowly let her down from your arms. "A ninja must always be ready to escort her lord without him even noticing!" She proudly declared, causing you to let out a wry chuckle.

"Izuna," Slowly, you raised your hands. "What did I tell you about getting permission before you escort someone, hm?" You asked rhetorically as you gently pinched and stretched her cheeks. "Hawawa...!" The girl squirmed in pain as she submitted to your little punishment, but you had other thoughts in mind. 'Soft like mochi...'

"B-Bhu-"

"MRRRROWWW!"

Suddenly, you heard a feline's ferocious-sounding growl from one of the brick fences. "Ah!" Izuna escaped your punishment to face the grey-colored cat that seemed ready to pounce at any moment. You quickly connected the two and two together, surmising that Izuna had probably angered the feline to the point that it gave her a chase, causing her to clumsily drop from one of the rooftops.

"Please stay behind Izuna, my lord!" The little ninja faced off against the grey feline with courage as if it were her archnemesis. Your eyes were drawn below, toward her bushy, orange-colored tail, finding out that each hair was standing on its end. She was scared and nervous, and still...

She persisted, steadfast in her will to defend you from this deadly threat.

"Kuku..." You let out a small, lilted chuckle before planting your hand firmly atop her head. 'So very cute.' A smile leaked from your lips as you ruffled her hair gently. "My lord?!" She turned to you, surprised by your sudden gesture of affection, especially in this intense moment (for her).