➤ Epilogue - Izayoi Nonomi

Your hand reached for the door handle. Suddenly, the door opened on its own. Behind it, a beautiful angel clad in warm and comfy clothing greeted you with the bright and mesmerizing smile that you have been waiting to see for the entire day.

"Welcome home, dear~!"

Her dazzling jade-colored eyes quickly found their way to yours. A brief surprise overcame your mind, followed by a feeling of warmth that washed over you like waves on the sea. "I'm home, Nonomi." A smile quickly appeared on your face.

"I told you I'll be late today and won't know when I'll be going home, did I not?"

"Yes, you did."

"Then how did you know I'm already by the door?"

"Hm..." She gave your question some thoughts as you entered your house. "A wife's intuition, I guess~?" Nonomi then answered as she relieved you of your briefcase. "Here, let me help you~" She also took off your suit for you, before placing it in her arms. "Thank you."

"I've kept dinner warm for you."

"Have you had dinner?"

"Nope~! Dinner tastes best when it's with you~!"

"Hrm..." You grumbled as you felt a slight heat reaching your face. "Is that so...?" You hummed. "Yup~!" She answered without an ounce of hesitation.

"Then let us eat." You turned away from your wife. "Wait." She stopped you, returning your attention to her. "Yeah?"

"Aren't you forgetting something~?"

"Hrm?" You hummed curiously. She took a few steps forward, before closing her eyes and "offering" her face... and lips to you. "Ah..." Another hum escaped your mouth, as well as another heat wave that traveled up your face. 'Good grief...' You let out a contented sigh.

You leaned down and planted a quick kiss on her lips. As she opened her eyes, you cupped her cheek as you softly gave another peck on her forehead. "I'm home." You murmured with a warm smile on your face.

Nonomi's finger slowly hovered over her lips, where your lips had landed just a few moments before. "I want more..." She mumbled with a dreamy gaze as she locked her eyes to yours. "Huh-?" You could only let out a confused hum, before she looped her arms around your neck and pulled you down, causing your lips to crash together in a gentle, yet fevered frenzy.

The two of you stayed like that for more than just a mere few moments. Eventually, you pulled away from her, forced by your burning lungs begging for air. "Hah... hah..." You let out a few short pants. "Nonomi..." Her name you whispered underneath your voice. "What about dinner...?"

"We can have that later~" By now, you could clearly see that she had figurative hearts on her pupils. "Right now..." She tightened her grip on you, slowly tugging you closer and closer. Her lips were finally beside your ear as she whispered something that made you snap completely.

"I'm your dinner~"