➤ Epilogue - Misono Mika

Rays of light spilled from the windows, illuminating the living room with its gentle warmth. Birds were chirping joyously outside, celebrating the bright and delightful day that was to come. The sparse clouds painted on the blue canvas overhead merely added to the beauty of nature.

Truly, what a wonderful morning.

"Um..." A voice brought you out of your musings. "I have to go and make breakfast now..." She mumbled as all that filled your vision was strands of cherry pink, along with a brown hoodie... your brown hoodie. Her wings occasionally flapped a few times as you held her close.

In response, you merely shifted in your seat and brought her even closer, inhaling a lungful of your wife's fragrance. You rested your head on her shoulder as a yearning sigh escaped her lips.

It's been a few years since everything—a journey filled with countless highs and lows. Happy memories, along with painful ones, seemed to flash in an instant. But as long as you could make her happy...

"Mrm, not yet." You hummed a whisper into her ear. "Can't let you miss me too much while I'm working." You tightened your squeeze slightly, your arms gently wrapped around her abdomen. "I-I won't, you know?!" She unconvincingly retorted with a blush. 

"Geez, you're going to be late if you keep this up!"

"Heh, okay, okay." You slowly released your hold on her. A slight chuckle escaped your mouth as she huffed in faux-annoyance, knowing how much she liked being close to you like that. But just as she was about to stand-

You pulled her in close and gave her a peck on the cheek. You let out a triumphant smile as she looked at you with a blush and a grumbling expression. Her finger hovered over the cheek... moments before she pouted, inflating her cheek... until she looked like a hamster.

It's cute how she was still weak to surprise attacks after all this time.

She gently pinched your cheeks in retort, grumbling as she locked her eyes on yours. "You're thinking of something rude, aren't you?" She asked as if she had just been reading your mind. "Of course not." You smiled as you denied the allegations, but she squeezed her fingers that little bit more.

"Just thinking of how cute you are, Mika." You calmly answered as she grumbled, despite your hand cupping her cheek. "Now, I'm really going to be late at this rate." You let your hands down. "Though... personally, I don't mind calling in sick for today."

"Please don't." She huffed as she stood up. "Geez, you're such a flirt sometimes."

You chuckled at her remark, your mind taking a stroll in the past. You were certainly not this... expressive, back then. Though your face never showed much in the first place, your actions had always spoken for themselves. Changed quite a bit, haven't you?

"Heh, quite so."

=====

A fulfilling breakfast was had, and now, you were ready to depart. You checked your pockets for every necessity that you needed for office work. "Got everything?" She asked as she stood before the doorway. "Yes." You hummed.