➤ Epilogue - Takanashi Hoshino

A rustling noise, along with the gentle shaking of your bed, stirred you from your slumber. You languidly opened your eyes as your mind slowly formed into something barely coherent.

Your eyes saw a figure, clad in her pajamas, and adorning a long, pink hair, sitting at the edge of the bed. It was through pure instinct alone that your arms snaked toward her back. Slowly, yet steadily, they reached their goal.

Fwip!

"Uhee~!" She quite yelped in surprise as you pulled her close into your embrace, facing away from you. You looped your arms around her like a constricting snake. "Where are you going, Hoshino...?" You lazily asked as you took a lungful of your wife's fragrance. It smelled sweet, enticing you to take in more and more of her. "Ah, sorry..." Her hand reached for your face and she cupped you tenderly.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Mmm... it's ok." You mumbled as you closed your eyes to feel more of her warmth. "I was going to make breakfast for us." She hummed, placing her other hand over your arms. "...Don't go." You murmured again, this time ever so pleading. "It's a weekend."

"We can... make it together later."

"Just stay with me a bit more." You squeezed her a little tighter, bringing her even closer to your body. "...Hehe~" A lovely giggle escaped her mouth as she tossed and turned to face you. "What a big baby you are~" She cupped your cheek once again.

"Mm..." You hummed in agreement with a slight nod. "I get lonely without you." You pulled her close until there was not a single space to fit a paper between the two of you. "Hehehe~" Her giggle slowly dragged you back to sleep, along with that warmth within your chest as she looped her arms around you.

"I do too~"

Now you never questioned what that warmth on your torso was.

=====

Your mind awakened, followed by your eyes. It felt pleasant, even more so than usual. A yawn escaped your mouth as you instinctively patted the one who was nuzzling to your shoulder.

And then, suddenly, without any warning whatsoever, memories from earlier in the morning came flooding in.

"...Oh damn." You whispered as you froze on the spot. 'Now that's quite embarrassing...' A single prevalent sentence appeared in your mind. It needed no more explanation, but you were quite weak in the morning.

You used to be able to wake up in the morning just fine and dandy. Yet, as time passed, you grew weaker toward the dawn. Honestly, when exactly did you start becoming so weak in the morning?

Well... it's just that her warmth was so addictive and it always left you yearning for more, slowly but surely turning you into a sloth.

You gave a little kiss on your wife's forehead as a warm smile appeared on your face. But then, her halo appeared above her head, catching you by surprise. She shifted a bit, before rubbing her eyes.