➤ Epilogue - Akeboshi Himari

"Mrm..." Your mind came reorganized itself as the feeling of your cheek being poked repeatedly became sharper. "Hrm." A short groan escaped your throat as you slowly opened your eyes. As you took a deep breath, you were hit with such a pleasant and comfortable smell that you were almost lulled back to slumber.

'Tis was the smell of home.

As your vision became clearer, you saw strands of ashen-white hair in front of you. As if it was part of your natural instinct, your hand moved up to gently ruffle her hair as you slowly blinked your eyes. Her hair felt so soft and perfect to the touch under the palm of your hand.

"Hm?" You hummed questioningly as the poking of your face did not stop, but grew in intensity instead. Your eyes glanced down... to see your wife in her blue pajama, looking at you with quite a sizable pout on her cheek. "...Himari?" You asked... but she replied with a soft silence and a pout that stayed the same. You kept your curiosity-

At least until memories of last night started to flood in.

"Ah." You mumbled. "Did I... go overboard?" A single question came out of your mouth, causing her frown to slightly deepen. "You certainly did." She pinched your cheek before stretching them with her soft, lithe fingers. "My, to have such a brute of a husband."

"Woe be to this fragile beauty~!"

You sweatdropped in response, fully knowing it was just her being coy with you. And she fully knew that you would play along with her. "Heh, I'm sorry." You chuckled as you caressed her cheek with a wry smile. "I detect not a speck of hint that you feel so." She pouted.

"Wonder what I should do to show you that I feel so?"

"...! My, do I have the perfect idea for you."

=====

"Mhm." You hummed, carrying a spoonful of oats toward her mouth. She gracefully parted her lips to accept your bountiful offering as she hummed, quite joyously, you might add. You let out an amused sigh as a small chuckle escaped you.

She demanded that you pamper and take care of her for the whole day, as an apology for what you did last night. She said that she felt sore all over her body, therefore requiring your care and attention to get through the day. Well... you had to admit that you might've been too excited last night... but it was partially her fault for teasing you, right?

"I wish to go outside later." She stated, causing you to place the spoon down. "Sure. Where to?" You shrugged. "My, deciding that would be your duty today, my dear~hus~band." The tone in her voice took a sweet turn as she teasingly pointed at you. "Hrm... I see." You hummed.

"I suppose your wheelchair is set to be broken today?"

"Hm, I wonder~" She nonchalantly responded as she looked away with a tinge of blush. "Heh." You let out a short chuckle along with a shrug. "You know," You began as you rested your face atop your hand. "You should've been honest that time."