➤ Epilogue - Shirasu Azusa

\\\\\/////

Thump-thump! Thump-thump! Thump-thump!

A hand over your chest to calm its racing pace. A folly it was, for it did not slow down the pace in the slightest. Instead, your heartbeat was rapidly increasing when she finally entered the hall.

She was... beautiful. There was no other word that could describe her at this very moment. Even that word was not even close to describing the full picture of her arrival in that pristine and pure white wedding dress.

Charming? Dashing? Pretty? Lovely?

"Ah..."

No... all of those words flew out of the window the moment you found the closest word that could describe her right now. The word slowly flew out of your mouth before you even noticed it.

"Divine..."

Yes... divinely beautiful, that was the words. With how she elegantly walked down the aisle, coming slowly to your side... your eyes... it stings... but oh so very warm. You could not let your eyes off of her even for a single second... how could you... when she was so heavenly like that?

As she arrived by your side, she finally returned your gaze with her smile that struck you like a thunderclap. You could not find it in yourself, the snappy and teasing words that you would've said to her when she was before you. All of them flew out of the window the moment she entered your sight.

"Say something..." Underneath the white veil, she let out an unexpected pout. Even in this situation, she managed to strike your heart even more than she already had. Slowly, you opened your mouth, but not a single sound came out. All of it felt like a lump in your throat and the only thing you could manage was a slow, stammering jumble.

"I, uh, hm, I-" You noticed that your mouth was running out of control, so you stopped talking for a moment, taking a deep breath to still your crazed mind. "You... look so very beautiful, Azusa."

She widened her eyes, a moment before a red tinge appeared on her cheeks. "Thank you..." She smiled once more, and once again your chest squeezed tight. "Ha..." You sighed a deep breath, one filled with the feeling of contentment, joy, and nervousness bundled up into one. "You're so cute, Azusa..." You continued. "So much so that I want to kiss you right now..."

"Can I...?"

As expected, her blush grew deeper as she caught your words. "Wait a bit..." She grumbled with a pout. "...Stupid." She berated you, but not without a shy smile on her face. It drew out your smile easily like a fish caught on a hook.

"You may now exchange your vows."

The wedding officiant's word returned the two of you from your own world. Both of you shared a look with each other, and without any more words, you knew who would be the first to say it.