Crush ||fukazono||

An au where hiro owns a coffee shop near the school that's open 10pm-5am!! Like a midnight cafe! Also non-despair!

||POV: toko ||

I watch Sayaka grin and giggle at makoto, softly placing her hand on his arm and rubbing it up and down. He laughs and pulls his bag further up his shoulder, gently grabbing her hand and taking it off, their fingers lingering, linked together for a moment too long. They both smile and I see blush flood Sayaka's cheeks, it annoys me more than it should. Makoto waves goodbye as he walks off and Sayaka rushes over, a smile plastered on her face showing her pearly white teeth. She's so pretty.

"Ah! Did you see that? Toko..." She has this dreamy look in her eyes, it's weird, she pauses and sighs contently before she continues, "I think I like- like like, Makoto." There they are. The words I was waiting to hear. The words I hoped would never come out of her mouth. I try my best to smile sweetly and force a girly giggle through my teeth. "That's great! You guys would be such a cute couple!!"

Sayaka giggles, "ya think??" She asks. "Of course!! Awh, you guys are perfect for each other!!" I gush, more fake giggles passing through my lips as I talk about how adorable the two would be together. Eventually, the bell goes and Sayaka waves me goodbye, going to her next class. Hot tears brim my eyes, I've been holding down the lump in my throat for too long. I try to blink back the warm liquid threatening to spill over my eyelashes and only just manage to do it, a few droplets do manage to fall from my eyes but I quickly wipe them away with my sleeve, dampening it and turning it a darker red than it was originally.

I don't go to my next class, I go straight to the office and get the rest of the day off, it's not that hard to pretend to be sick when your already crying and your nose is all stuffy. I exit the school gates and salty tears finally escape my eyes and  roll down my cheeks, the shiny, wet residue leaving marks on my face. My mascara is also coming off, I touch my skin and the black substance transfers onto my fingers, staining them.

I should be happy for Sayaka, and deep down I am, but my jealousy overcomes that feeling. I've liked Sayaka for ages and I guess... I kind of thought she liked me too. I can still feel water dripping from my eyelashes and running from my cheeks down to my neck in small streams. I cant go back home whilst I'm like this, so I go to the only place that's close enough to walk to. The coffee shop.

Hiro owns the coffee shop and even though it's the middle of the day, he'll let me in. He knows me and he lives above the shop and he's always there for anyone to vent. He's only 2 years older than me, he's a pretty cool guy. I make my way there and by the time I arrive my crying has slowed but not completely stopped. My eyes are all puffy and red and I can tell it's noticeable, but I ignore it and sniff before pushing open the door.

The small silver bell rings and Hiro looks up from cleaning one of the machines, his smile immediately turns into a worried frown as he rushes over, pulling out one of the beanbags at the tables. I sit down and burst into tears again, this time the hot droplets of water land on the hard wood of the table underneath me. "Sayaka likes a guy." I smile through my tears, my teeth pushing so hard against each other I'm surprised they don't shatter. My knuckles are white from me pushing my nails into my palms unknowingly, causing my muscles to tense and my hand to ball into a fist.

Hiro gently separates my fingers and my palm and puts his hand on my shoulder. I shove my head into my arms and sob as he rubs comforting circles on my back. He doesn't say anything, he just lets me talk. "I don't understand why! She likes people she barely even knows whilst I have to make a huge effort for her to even notice something about me!!" I choke out a sob before continuing, "I'm so dramatic, this is so stupid!! I just want her to like me the way I like her Hiro!"