Nerves ||valentines day special: ishimondo||

Not my art!!^

||pov: taka||

I walked to my class, a tad later than usual, due to the teachers asking me to deliver things to one another. Glittery pink hearts sparkled in the sunlight and streamers hung in front of the door. I opened it, sighing at the mess of glitter I would probably have to clean up after school, and walked in. A gang of students stood in the middle of the room, huddled around none other than my bro, Mondo Owada. Is he hurt? I rushed over and a hush fell over the crowd, my head tilted in confusion. What happened?

Leon was the first to speak, giggling. "Go on Mondo!!"
"Later!! Shut up!!" Mondo shouted, smiling up at me and throwing a glare at Leon over my shoulder, like I couldn't see. I quickly scolded him for shouting before the teacher came in, and everyone rushed to their seats, and I took mine next to mondo. He kicked his legs up onto his desk and I pushed them down, tutting as I did so. He smirked and lifted them back up, pushing my patience on a day like this!! "Honestly, so immature!" I whispered, giggling at his antics in spite of myself.

Flashing me a grin, he started to do his work, papers sitting on his lap whilst he kept his legs up, and I smiled, nodding in approval. I continued to pay attention, answering every question I could, (and being met with an eye roll from time to time...), and helping others as much as I could. Eventually, the bell rang, and I started to pack up my things, slower than the others to avoid w out with the crowd and being pushed and shoved, or made fun of.

Mondo waited behind for me, like every day, and Leon and Hagakure both ruffled my hair, smiling at me. They're good friends of mine, even if I do disapprove of their antics, and they care about me. Leon nudged mondo and winked at him, giggling and running out of the door, hagakure in tow. "So...Ishimaru. Kiyotaka Ishimaru. Thats you, alright. Yep!.." Mondo started, his face flushing almost crimson. Is he sick...?

"Yes, that's me mondo!!! Are you alright, sick?" I ask, touching my hand to his face. "YEAH- I just- meet me after—"
"Mondo, keep your voice down!!"
"Sorry, behind school, behind the school! Yeah!"  Mondo stumbles over his words, giving me a nod and a wave before running off, leaving me to shout after him to not run in the halls. Sighing, I head to the lunchtime detentions. To supervise of course, I could never be late!!

Soon enough, the last lesson ends, and I pack up, after everyone again, having a pleasant conversation with Mr Kirigiri, the principle who covered our class today. I finish tidying and wish him well, as we don't speak often, and head to the back of the school, where mondo is presumably waiting for me. Stopping at my locker first, I put my books away and a note falls out, with scruffy handwriting covering it back to front.

I assume its another note, making fun of me, but I pick it up and read it anyways, to make sure someone doesn't need help, and is too shy to ask. This is the way mondo asked me to tutor him, after all. Eventually, I recognise the handwriting as none other than Mondo's. Does he not want to be friends with me anymore? Panicked thoughts race through my mind as I unfold the note and start to read.

Small hearts are dotted around the corners of the page, and little doodles have been added in the spaces between paragraphs. Perfect punctuation has been used and hundreds of compliments and thoughtful words jump out at me, painting my face in shades of red and pink. I giggle, a few tears of happiness and relief spilling down my face and I put my books away, making my way down the halls towards the back of the school, almost running. Almost.

As I enter the school yard, I see mondo, roses in hand with a shy smile on his face, standing underneath a cherry blossom tree. My face breaks into a wide grin and I walk up to him. Fumbling over his words, mondo hands me the flowers, and starts to, rather loudly, and very sweetly talk. "So, Ishimaru. We have been friends for, just over a year now. And while I hated you at first- well not hated you!! Just, you know- I uhm, I also admired you. You're strong, independent, have a fantastic moral compass, haha!" He rambles, becoming redder with each word.

I listen grinning, as he continues. "And, you're so so smart, funny, beautiful, and you have the prettiest laugh!! And the coolest eyes and I could just- so!! I wanted to ask. Would you, be my valentine....? And, maybe, my boyfriend? It's okay if not- I understand and this was dumb but- aha actually just forg-" He never finishes his sentence, as my lips (rather rudely) interrupt him, making contact with his own.

He smiles into the kiss and wraps his arms around my waist, and I throw mine around his neck, pulling him closer. Pulling away, I giggle, and mondo blushes, scratching the back of his neck. "So, is that a yes?"
"Of course I'll be your boyfriend, Mondo. Thank you." I smile, giving my boyfriend another kiss.

He takes my hand and leads me to the park, laughing and berating me about PDA in school, shoving me. Ruffling his hair I shush him and he swats my hand away, instead holding it in his. "Would you look at that, perfect fit."

WOW, I haven't updated in a while, but I'm glad to be back!!

So, for Valentine's Day, a cheesy ishimondo romance, the usual.

951 words!! <33

TYSM for reading, ily all!!