Crush, Chop and Burn, Part 2

The next morning, the four of us, including Leo, were in the lab as we watched Chase pick up a stapler and put it in a container he was holding. "What're you doing?" Leo asks. He was sitting on a counter next to Bree while Adam and I were sitting on chairs.

"If Davenport is gonna ship us off to some remote facility, then the office supplies are coming with us," Chase says as he throws a pencil holder into the container.

"We just got our first taste of normal life. I was this close to getting a curfew which I was totally gonna break." Bree says.

"Ooh! But maybe when we get to wherever we're going, we'll meet a sassy lab chimp named Bobo who will take us on adventures and teach us how to love." Adam says.

"Or maybe you'll make him angry and he'll maul you and snack on your fingers," I say. I try to reach for a protein pellet from a bowl Adam was eating out of, but he snatches it away.

"Hey. I create the monkey fantasies around here." He says.

Chase and I sit on the counter with Bree and Leo when Eddy appears on a screen in the lab. "Well, kids, I hope you've enjoyed your stay at casa Davenport. I know I haven't. Sayonara!"

"Eddy, I know we've never been the best of friends, but we're gonna miss you," Bree says.

"Aw, really?" Eddy asks.

"No!" Adam says.

"We hate you!" Bree says.

"You're evil!" Chase says.

"He's the devil!" I say.

"Where is this training facility anyway?" Leo asks.

"Facility X? Oh, it's all the rage." Eddy says. A picture of a beautiful island appears on the screen.

"That's pretty nice," Chase says, turning to me.

"Oops! Sorry! That's my screen saver. You're going here." Eddy says. He shows us a picture of an icy wasteland.

"Forget about office supplies. We should be gathering wood." Chase says.

"Man. I wish I hadn't thrown that party. I can't help but think this is all my fault." Leo says as he, Bree, Chase, and I get off the counter.

"Oh, that's because it is all your fault," Adam says. I slap his arm.

"Adam, he was only trying to help us," I say.

"Well, yeah, but he did the opposite, which is not help us," Adam says. "The not makes it the opposite. I'm just so bummed. It's the only place we've ever known."

"Yeah. Just think about all the memories we've shared here." Chase says. The four of us flashback to the time we were little and Mr. Davenport was reading us a story.

{*}

"If the atom has too many or too few electrons, the atom is called an ion, and it has a positive or a negative charge. And that's how batteries are made. The end." Mr. Davenport reads from the book he was reading to us.

A young Adam gets up and uses his super strength to pick up Mr. Davenport as he sits in his chair. "Whoa, whoa. Okay, Adam. You can put me down now." Young Adam puts Mr. Davenport down. I get up from my spot and grab the book from Mr. Davenport.

"Hey! Come back with that! Come back with that book! Cassie!" Mr. Davenport says. I laugh and phase through the lab doors. Mr. Davenport gets up from his chair and attempts to go after me when a young Bree starts super-speeding around in the lab. "Bree, please stop super speeding in the lab. You're kicking up all this dust, you're gonna make Chase's super senses glitch, and he's gonna..."