Drone Alone

"Oh, this is so exciting! I have never been to Australia before." Tasha says as she walks into the living room with her suitcases.

"Hey, maybe you'll like it so much you won't want to come back!" Eddy says.

"Donald, honey, do you have the plane tickets?" Tasha asks.

"Honey, we're taking my fully automated private jet." Mr. Davenport says. "Plane tickets. Why don't we just slap on a bunch of stamps and mail ourselves there?"

"Private jet. That works." Tasha says. She turns to Leo and says in a hushed tone. "Score!"

"Okay, Leo, this is your chance to prove you're responsible enough to stay at home without us." Mr. Davenport says.

"Me? What about them?" Leo asks, pointing at us. The four of us were sitting on the couch. Adam was changing the channel, Bree was on her phone, Chase was counting using his fingers and writing something down on a piece of paper, and I was drawing something in my art journal.

"They were designed to go on missions and save the world. You were designed to break stuff." Mr. Davenport says.

"Don't worry, I know the rules...no touchy-touchy your stuffy-stuffy," Leo says.

"Leo, I'm serious. There's millions of dollars worth of technology here. So no goof-ups, no explosions, no fires...you know what? I'm not going. I'm not going." Mr. Davenport says.

"Donald, Leo will be responsible. He is a big boy." Tasha says. "Sweetie, I left your flame-retardant undies on the dresser."

"Mr. Davenport, Leo will be fine. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?" Bree asks, getting up from the couch.

"Funny you should ask. I've made an actuary chart which covers every possible catastrophe. You have an 82% chance of coming back to a perfectly normal house." Chase says. He hands Mr. Davenport the chart he made. "Happy travels."

"Don't worry! Eddy is here to monitor every room in the house. He is like a virtual babysitter." Tasha says.

"Yeah, and I virtually care about your kids," Eddy says.

"Big D, I got this," Leo says. "No explosions, no goof-ups, no fires, no floods..." Leo says as he ushers Mr. Davenport out the door.

"Wait. I didn't think about floods." Mr. Davenport says.

"Donald, let's go!" Tasha says. "Bye, guys! Love you!"

"Okay, be careful. There's an inflatable raft in the closet." Mr. Davenport says.

"All right, bye!" Chase says.

"Goodbye! Go!" Leo says. Mr. Davenport and Tasha leave.

"Whoo-hoo! Party in the lab!" Adam shouts.

"Whoo!" I say, giving Adam a high five.

"Did you not hear what Davenport just said? We're supposed to be responsible." Leo says.

"Oh, right. I'll be responsible for the snacks. Leo, you're responsible for blowing up that raft!" Adam says. "Whoo-hoo! Party in the lab!"

"Yeah!" Chase says as we head down to the lab.

"And he's worried about me?" Leo says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Australia looks interesting. But I'd really like to check out New York." Bree says, looking through a magazine.

"Yeah, well, maybe someday when we're older..." Chase starts to say, but Bree super speeds out of the lab to go to New York. "Or now." He turns to Adam and me. "And what are you up to?"