Leo's Jam

"Guys, with the dance coming up, I thought you could use a lesson on how to ask a lady out," Leo says as he, Adam, Chase, and I stand in the hallway.

"Oh, great. Do you know a guy who can teach us?" Adam asks, making me laugh.

"Me! You're gonna watch me ask out the girl of my dreams: Danielle." Leo says as he dreamily looks at a pretty blonde girl sitting on a bench.

"Danielle? Isn't she the girl who uses you as a footstool in math class?" I say.

"Where else is she supposed to put her feet...on the floor?!" Leo asks. Adam, Chase, and I give him weird looks. "Open your notebooks, boys, 'cause class is in session."

Leo walks over to Danielle and puts his foot on the bench. "Hello, Danielle. Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?" Danielle shakes her head. "Enough to break the ice." Leo sits next to Danielle. "I'm Leo Dooley."

"Didn't you send me 87 e-mails?" Danielle asks.

"Yeah. That was a slow day." Leo says.

"Okay, well, see you later, Lenny," Danielle says. She grabs her backpack and leaves.

"It's Leo, by the way," Leo says. He waves at her as she walks away.

"So, Leo...what should I write down in my notebook? I mean, other than denied." Chase says.

"No, no, no. You can cheat off of me. I have, she's not going to the dance with Lenny." Adam says, making me laugh.

Bree walks up to us. "Are you guys talking about the dance too? Why is everybody making such a big deal out of this stupid dance?"

"Nobody's asked you yet, have they?" I ask.

"No! I really want to go with that guy. His name is Ethan." Bree says. "We sit next to each other in Chemistry. Coincidence? I think not. Chemistry! What should I do?"

"I got this," Chase says. He uses his super hearing to listen to Ethan's conversation across the room. "He's talking about a girl he thinks is cute."

"Yeah, Bree's really cute and I really like her, but...I don't know how to ask her out, you know?" Chase overhears Ethan say.

"Ew! He's talking about you!" Chase exclaimed. "He's coming over here right now to ask you to the dance."

"What?! No! Now? Why? Really?" Bree stammers. Ethan walks over to us.

"How's it going?" He asks. Bree looks at Ethan and freezes up.

"Ethan! What a huge surprise!" Chase says. "To see you here, for reasons we do not know."

"Hey, Ethan. How...uh, you know...we...uh, you know...decided...what is that over there?" Bree asks. She points in another direction, and when Ethan turns around, she super speeds out of the school.

"Where'd she go?" Ethan asks when he turns back around.

"Uh, more importantly, what is that over there?" I asked, pointing in the same direction. Adam, Chase, Leo, and I run away when Ethan turns around.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the lab, I was drawing in my notebook while Adam and Leo were playing with toy robots. I remove my notebook from the table when Adam knocks Leo's toy robot from his hands and pretends to smash it. "Okay, you win," Leo says. Chase runs into the lab.

"Hey, guys, I finally figured it out," Chase says.

"Oh, me too! Do not eat the outside of a pineapple. Ooph! That'll come back to haunt you!" Adam says.