Chapter Twenty-One

Heyy y'all

I didn't go to school so I had time today but I was lazy I could've done a double upload.

Anyway. Enjoy this episode.

"Silas said that they went to Wendy's. They'll be back in thirty minutes."

I laughed as Vincent's annoyance was clear as day reading that text.

"He fucking eats seven times a day," Vincent grumbled.

"You're both Vampires around the same height, but you can't eat as much. Why is that?"

Vincent shrugged. "You know how my parents had Vivian and me before my dad turned into a Vampire?"

"Yes."

"Turns out, he had chronic kidney disease. I don't know if Vivian has it, but I do."

I gasped in concern. "Vincent–"

"Yes, A'roya, I have it taken care of. Don't worry about me. I can lose a kidney if I need to."

I glared at him for not taking his disease seriously, and he only pecked my lips. "Exactly why I didn't tell you. I'm immortal. The only thing that could affect me is heart disease."

"What if–"

"Not possible."

"Vin–"

"No."

"You're infuriating. I'm only worried, old man."

Vincent glared at me. "A'roya." He said menacingly.

I giggled. "Calm down, big guy. I was joking."

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

Jericho—well, Vincent sent money to Jericho to get me a baconator from Wendy's, and we got a ride to Kingston.

Our driver was a nice Jamaican man named Badrick. He let us listen to good reggae music, and he tried to sell us some weed, but only Vincent and Silas bought some, to my dismay. Khassy obviously didn't care if Silas smoked some weed, but Vincent shouldn't be.

He drove us to our resort, the Spanish court hotel, and we gave him a thousand Jamaican dollars as a tip.

When we checked in, the hotel workers told us we shouldn't go out of the resort. They have clubs, pools, beaches, and other touring activities within the resorts. Tourists are an easy target for robbers and pickpockets.

We also shouldn't drive or buy any weed from people outside the resort. People near the resort gates are trying to sell drugs and weed.

Nevertheless, we were still excited. We decided to hang out at the pool and go to the national gallery of Jamaica tomorrow.

Phoebe was tired, excusably so, so she went to take a nap, and Jericho went with her.

"Your daughter is so cute." I smiled, watching Elora help Finnegan's daughter, Reagan, swim.

Finnegan gave a jaw-dropping smile. "Thank you."

She was so bubbly and energetic, almost like Elora when we were kids, except with red hair. I hope they last. Her mom will love Finnegan, except for the fact that he's agnostic and not religious.

But, I mean, Vincent and Silas are atheists, so she'll be ok.

Reagan's mom had died back in Ireland after giving birth to Reagan. Finnegan said his daughter was just brought to his doorstep, 'shipped' to him from Reagan's grandmother, with a note that said her daughter was hit by a truck, she didn't survive, but her baby did, and she wanted nothing to do with her granddaughter.