Chapter Twenty-Seven

Yes, I am late.

I needed to update 'In Denial' but I was stuck trying to finish A'roya while on the phone with my idiotic friends.

I was beyond exhausted. I had just woken up from my sleep but felt incredibly tired; I felt like I could get up if I tried. Everything was so draining to me. Vincent was sleeping next to me, his arm wrapped around my waist. He's so beautiful; this nigga is three centuries older than me, and his skin is flawless and soft; he's always so cold, but when he touched me that time, he was warm.

My hands caressed his face softly, so I didn't wake him up. I kissed his cheek and thanked him in my head. He's my everything.

His hand reached out and grabbed my wrist; I gasped. "You're awake?"

Vincent kissed my wrist softly. "You're my everything too, A'roya. I love you."

I smiled softly. "I love you too," I whispered.

"You can not do that to me again," Vincent said with concern, but I only kissed his forehead.

"When you touched me," I started. "You were warm. You're always cold; what happened?"

"The mate bond will do anything to protect you because I love you so much. If you die, I'll die."

"Vincent, thank you," I whispered.

"Sleep, A'roya, just rest."

I must have slept for hours; it was a whole other day when I woke up. Vincent wasn't near me, but Loki was. I smiled; Vincent had hidden Loki for months; I was getting worried; Vincent doesn't feed this cat. I'm hoping he's supernatural too.

"Hello, Loki!" I squealed, picking up the cat and setting him on the toilet while I brushed my teeth. He liked looking at me brush my teeth.

He's a cat.

I took him to the kitchen. To my surprise, Vincent was in the kitchen, burning things.

"Vincent?"

He groaned. "Oh shit," he mumbled to himself. 

I giggled. "What are you doing, fool?"

"I'm trying to cook, so you don't ask for fucking Mcdonald's or Starbucks."

"Well, too bad, cause I want Wendy's,"

Vincent glared at me as I smiled widely, with Loki in my arms. "A'roya."

"Baby, please," I begged.

Vincent groaned, picking up his phone as I smiled in victory. "See, Loki, Vincent can't resist me."

"I'm only doing this because I burnt everything in the kitchen, dumbass."

I rolled my eyes. "Ok, not too much, Vincent."

"Ok, not too much, Vincent," he mocked.

"Real mature of you."

"Oh really–"

"Oh really–"

"You know what," I grabbed a wooden spoon and started chasing him around.

"Chill out, A'roya." He laughed, jumping over the chair.

I calmly climb over the chair, not risking breaking my feet. Vincent laughed even harder. "Come get some, grandma."

"Nigga." I said demeaningly. "Just order my Wendy's."

Vincent narrowed his eyes at me, and I laughed. "Please, baby, my Pookie, my heart, my love, my ass cheek, my–"