Chapter Thirty-One

Hello, Ladies and Gents, if there are any gents, I am early.

I didn't go to school today and this new laptop is helping A LOT

enjoy.

I wrote the statement. I talked to my lawyer. Dad knows what to do. The court date is....actually a week after Elora's wedding, which is in November; fun fact, Vincent's birthday is in November too. He's obviously a Scorpio. My phone was bombarded with calls from my mother, who left hateful voicemails.... she knows she's on her last leg. It's going to be so funny when we get to court and her own children and testify against her and that sweet, sweet video that she has no idea about, Jericho, recorded her doing something.

I want to watch it, but I want it to be a surprise for everyone, even me.

Anyway, I invited Elora and Khassy over to my/Vincent's house because I realized they'd never seen my new place. I never invited them because I was worried that Vincent would get angry, he's always angry at his cat, and he bought the damn thing, but...now I'm like, who cares if he's angry, he'll get over it eventually.

Or he'll take me to that room of his and punish me....either way is fine, really.

"Wow, he makes a lot of money then," Elora said, admiring the house.

"No, for real, this is nice, this is nice." Khascian giggled.

"Not too much, Khassy, don't gas him up. He's going to start acting foolish."

"A'roya, let's not talk about the hundreds of photos of me sleeping in your camera roll."

Elora and Khascian snickered behind as I glared at Vincent. "You know what, I'mma get you when you least expect it," I whispered.

"Ugh, so scary," Vincent said, faking his fear.

"Oh, I wish I could roll my eyes right now."

"Do it; I dare you. You better hope your friends are voyeurists." Vincent challenged.

"Behave yourself, buddy," I said, turning around to glare at my nosy-ass friends.

"Let's go to the lounge, it used to be Vincent's sister's, but they stopped coming after they caught us together, fucking."

Khassy and Elora's jaws dropped.

"Wait, I'm sorry, 'cause I'm still getting the hang of this Vampire bullshit. They teleport into the house?"

"No, Elora, they teleport up my ass," Khassy said sarcastically.

Elora glared at her as I laughed. "Too goofy."

"Shut up, A'roya." Elora shoved me playfully.

"Come get some then!" I got into a fighting position.

"I've never seen you act like this," Khassy said with a small smile. "It's concerning, yet good."

I rolled my eyes as Elora chuckled. "It's Vincent, making her all happy and shit."

"Ok?!" I dragged out the word. "Look at you two. Y'all have changed for the better as well, and I'm happy for you."

Elora lifted up her hands and squealed, and we squealed along with her. "You're going married!" We chanted.

Khascian stopped chanting and gasped. "I knew something was wrong; Elora look at her finger."

I groaned as Elora and Khascian grabbed my hand to inspect my ring. "You're getting married too?!"

I nodded. "It's next year, so I didn't want to say anything until after yours."