Chapter Twenty-Six

Hello, it's a little emotional today. Hope you like it and honestly thanks to those who read this story. I have no idea when it's going to end. I mean I do, but my books usually have 20-33 chapters and I love to have a longer book but I won't drag it out.

If a story is done, it's done.

Enjoy

Triggering Parts: Drug abuse and Panic attacks

Court is a terrifying place. It makes it scarier when you're the defendant. My heart is pounding. Ten minutes left before we have to stand before the judge. Phoebe's at home, Jericho made her stay she can't have any more stress. I told Vincent to stay home, but he said no, and after I insisted, he told me to go fuck myself and that he was going.

Before the trial starts, I want to talk to Jericho.

"Jericho, I know you don't want to talk, but I'm going to talk to you anyway." Jericho ignores me; he's petty like that. He'd stand still and ignore you. "I didn't tell you because you were already stressed. You're taking care of Phoebe and going to work and dealing with our evil mother."

"You how much worse you made the situation when I figured out we only had two fucking days nigga?"

"Jericho, I'm so sorry. Phoebe isn't the only one I worry about, sure we fight and say shit to each other, but I love you, I know you put up a front, you're so strong, but there's only so much you can take–"

"I'm good–"

"Really, Jericho?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "Have you stopped overdosing on Xanax?"

Jericho bit his lip. "I need–"

"Yea, but you don't overdose, and you do when you're stressed. I've caught you four times before you moved out! I knew you were still doing it, it's not healthy, and when you're not stressed, you're not doing it." I wiped the tears out of my eyes. "Jericho, I haven't told anyone, not Phoebe, not Khassy or Elora, and not Vincent, but I'm worried for you."

"A'roya," Jericho's lip quivered. I hugged his waist, putting my head on his chest. "I love you." He whispered into my hair.

"I love you too, Jericho; get some help, though, please."

"I will."

"Promise me," I looked into his eyes.

"I promise." He assured me.

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"Are you ok?" Vincent mumbled against my neck.

I nodded. "I got everything I needed out. I'm fine."

Vincent nodded, kissing my cheek. "I'm going to be right out here. These motherfuckers won't let me in the court."

I pulled away. "Nigga what–? Nah, you gotta come, excuse me, guard–"

"A'roya, calm down; you're going to be ok."

I nodded, taking a deep breath. "Right, I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

We've been here for about ten minutes, Jericho and I have evidence to prove that we haven't touched our siblings, but the case turned against us when mother brought up the time Jericho smacked her. Jericho had a reason, mom was continuously beating him with a pan, and he defended himself, slapping the shit out of her and getting away, he was eighteen, and he moved out the same day.