Chapter 27: Operation Jaeger

Eren and Jean couldn't bring themselves to look at us. I glanced to levi who just smirked and leaned back, my face grew hot and I gulped.

I hope this meeting goes quick.

"We need to figure out the meaning behind the three titans rebellion against us. And what y/n and your fathers basement have to do with it." Erwin mused, looking at Eren.

The titan shifter just kept his mouth shut and stared at the table, conflicted.

"We can't find a link without interrogating reiner and bertholdt further." Armin said solemnly, I shook my head.

"They're not going to cough up. Not with Annie on the line. They seemed...scared. like they'd joined the cause but its motives changed somehow. They're not happy with what they've done but-"

"They've killed thousands of people! They're monsters, no matter the cause." Jean fumed, I sighed.

"I agree that they're dangerous and the damage they've caused is irreparable. I'm just saying that whatever they were doing, they must have had an objective but now it's shifted into something new. Something that even mass murderers don't agree with. They're scared of what's coming."

"Can't you see the future and tell us what's going to happen?" I shook my head.

"My powers only take place in moments of immediate danger. I wish I could be more useful but I can't."

"Give me a week you and me, in my lab."

"Back on the topic. I think the most reasonable course of action...we need to see that basement." We all turned to stare at Eren as he rung hid hands together nervously.

"O-okay."

"Right, levi, Y/n. You'll both lead the expedition. Make your preparations and report them back to me for tomorrow." We nodded and all filed out of the room.

"Jaeger, Kirschtein." They both froze and turned to look at levi, embarassed.

"The barn was supposed to be a punishment not a place to relieve sexual tension."

Their faces reddened much to Levi's amusement. I sighed and took levis hand.

"Come on, haven't you teased them enough?"

"No. That damned image is burned into my head." I rolled my eyes.

"Well at least let them go. They won't do it again." The boys in question shared a glance that I pretended not to notice.

"Well, they won't do it where we will see. We've got an expedition to shiganshina to plan." He sighed and nodded before glaring at the two of them.

"If I ever so much as hear you both again, i'll-"

"Yes sir!" They saluted and ran off.

I nudged the Corporal in annoyance.

"We were all young once, you know."

"I know but...in a barn with hay and horse shit everywhere...it's disgusting! So unsanitary. I bet jaeger was pulling hay out of his ass for days." I snorted out a laugh as we walked down the corridor. Our peers glanced in amusement.

"Never knew the Corporal could be funny." One girl whispered as we passed, which made me giggle even more.

We entered the office, I kicked off my shoes and flopped back onto the couch.

"What happened to doing paperwork?"

"I only used it as an excuse to pull you away."

"And have me for yourself?" I breathed out a laugh.