Chapter 19: Surprise

I smiled awkwardly as Levi and I helped my dad to his bed.

"You will come visit more, won't you?" I nodded.

"Yep.I'll clear up my schedule more to help with the baby and housework. What'll you do? A house full of ladies."

"It could be worse. It could be a house full of boys. Isn't that right Levi?"

"Yeah. I guess female company tends to be...nicer." He struggled out and I chuckled to myself.

"Me and Levi need to go back. Love you Dad."

"Love you too pumpkin pie." With that, we headed downstairs and pulled our coats on before heading to the horses.

"Thank you for coming with." He gave me a soft glance.

"I wanted to be with you in case something happened. With that guy after you."

"I appreciate it...what did you talk to my dad about?" He tensed slightly.

"Er..."

"He didn't ask you to be my boyfriend, did He?"

"Well... I asked if it was okay for me to stay at the house whilst you were upstairs and...he asked if i wanted to stay forever.so close enough."

"Oh my maria" I had the thought of hiding my face from embarrassment.

"He said you needed a life outside of work. It's not healthy giving up your free days"

"I don't need a lecture."

"It's not a lecture It's concern. He had no idea about your night terrors or your burnout."

"You told him? I didn't tell him because I didn't want him worrying. It's bad for his nerves."

"He's your dad he deserved to know."

"I...you're right. Sorry." He sighed and looked ahead.

The streets were practically empty and the only noise was the sound of hooves hitting the ground.

"Your father speaks highly of you." I smiled slightly.

"Yeah. He always does when there are guys over." He tensed again, the horse slowed. I slowed as well.

"Are you okay?"

"Guys over?"

"Yeah? Sarah has male friends and so do I. He was like that about Erwin. In fact, I think he was a little disappointed when we told him the truth."

"The...truth?"

I heard footsteps and pulled on the reins bringing the horse to a stop.

A feeling pounded my chest as a vision overwhelmed me.

A man ran out of the alleyway with a knife and two other armed men. I Can't see their faces.

Levi had stopped beside me.

"What's wrong?"

"Someone's here to kill me."

"What?"

"I had a vision. We need to turn and go the other way " I whispered.

We both turned the horses slowly.

I was shocked as something pierced my shoulder.  I snapped the rains and Honeysuckle dashed forward, Levi's horse did the same.

"You're hurt!"

"We Can't help that now."

"Go home and get it pa-"

"No. I'll be putting my family in danger if i go there. We need to keep going."

Footsteps rounded the corner and I groaned.

"Looks like that alley was connected."

"Who's a clever girl. Don't worry. I've not underestimated you this time."

I sighed and climbed off my saddle.

"What? Y/n, what are you doing?!" Levi hissed. I mustered a wink and jumped down.

I looked around at the men. Six of them, the leader was the only one without a knife.

"I see you're to thank for the shoulder piercing." He smirked.

"You've got attitude. Thought idiots died young." I smiled and Levi hissed at me.

"What are you doing."

"Let my comrade and my horse go and I'll go without a fight." He narrowed his eyes.

"Don't think you're in the position to say that girlie. We've got you." I rolled my eyes and, against better judgement, pulled the knife out of my shoulder. Hissing a little under my breath in the process.

I could see the events playing out in my head and moved letting a knife glide through the air. I caught it by the handle and faced down the leader.

"You've just made three mistakes. One, You've just armed me, two, two of you have no weapons and three, you're not disguising your identities."

"Get her." I dodged an attack an grabbed his arm moving his body in front of me as a shield before pushing him to the ground.

Another came from my left, I punched him square in the nose and swept his feet from beneath him. He hit his head and blacked out.

Two down. Four to go.

Levi hopped down and I tossed the non bloody knife to him. He caught it with a smirk.

"I'll take the two on the left." I called and raced forward.

He swiped like a trained killer. I dodged two swings and found an opening to his chest when he swiped  me in the side. This one had two knives. Typical.

I stumbled back in surprise but quickly recovered and delivered a  roundhouse kick to his head.

Levi was still struggling and I ran straight for the man leering down at me. I dodged his attack and struck out with the knife cutting into his arm. In his stupor, I kicked the back of his knees and slammed his head down knocking him out.

I turned and noticed a man sneaking behind d Levi. I bent to the floor and grabbed a dagger.

"Levi, duck!" I yelled and hurled the knife.

It hit his attacker square in the head.

"Shit." He said as he turned and saw the man on the ground.

The adrenaline was wearing off and I checked my side. a deep scratch, thankfully he didn't have the bright idea to stab. I then touched my shoulder and winced.

That's probably going to need stitches. Typical.

"You alright?" I questioned as Levi moved closer to me.

"Few scratches and bruises. You?"

"Apart from my shoulder, just a few scratches." I said and he pulled my hand from my shoulder.

"don't touch it. You'll make it worse." He reprimanded softly.

"Sorry." He sighed.

"I forgot how competent you are at fighting." He mused and I rolled my eyes.

"I taught you a lot of what I know."

"As much as i like a good debate, we need to get back. It's getting dark."

I nodded and hopped onto my horse.

Levi moved quickly grabbing spare rope from the trip and bounding the hands of our assailants together and tied the end of the rope to my horse and the other end to his.

We were soon at HQ and Levi discussed-well-explained the situation to the soldier on patrol who was more than happy to take the attackers to the dungeons.

"The infirmary's closed so I'll patch you up." I nodded and he guided me inside.