Chapter 15: Tension

I began walking to my desk and he followed behind.

Heat rose to my cheeks and i took a deep breath before taking my seat. He dropped into the one oposite and, despite leaning back with his legs crossed, he seemed on edge.

"Alright. What do you want to discuss?" I questioned trying not to seem itimidated by his strong stare.

He averted his gaze for a second as if building strength.

"You saw me... in a compromising state. So i think we need to re evaluate our-" i choked at his bluntness. He quickly grabbed a tissue and handed it over.

Once I recovered, he continued.

"Anyway, just we need to prevent it in future." I nodded in agreement with my heart thumping. Now i realize his discomfort. I sat up straight.

"As if it will happen again. I'm just going to send my squad members to take the papers. I do not want to be scarred with another...meeting like that." The corner of his lip lifted slightly.

"Good. I don't want you being a dick and telling anyone else about it." I rolled my eyes.

"I get it, you like your modesty and image. But why do you think I'd say anything? I want to forget it not relive it." I shuddered "it was awkward enough"

"I find most women would enjoy seeing me in that state." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, right. I can think of better things to look at. Now, if that's all, I want you to leave. I need to work on a new herbal lesson plan." He smirked and I narrowed my eyes.

"I don't know what you're being smug about. You barely scored highest. 1 mark off and you'd be equal with Mikasa." That wiped the smug look off his face and I chuckled.

"So try harder or you'll be embarassed and humiliated since a teenager outsmarted you." He glared at my statement...or maybe my smugness.

"Your way of motivating me needs work." He retorted and made his way to the door.

"Would fifty laps do?" He paused at the door and craned his neck to look at me.

"How would you know if i did fifty laps?"

"I'll be the one watching you with a bucket of cold water waiting for you after every lap." I remarked, he rolled his eyes slightly before leaving.

I got back to work on an idea. Before it hit me.

Who says learning fauna and survival can't be fun?

Quickly, I wrote up a preposition and jogged out. Now all it needs is Erwins approval..and maybe Hanjis as well for good measure.

I knocked loudly on the commanders office.

"Come in" he called muffled. I steeled myself and entered. He looked up and smiled as I neared his desk.

"I'm sorry to disappoint but there's no naked corporal to flutter your lashes at." I rolled my eyes.

"Calm down court jester. I have a proposition for a new survival class. It's a little harsher but it'll definitely get better results." I mused and he nodded.

"Just add it to my paperwork. Make Levi re take the test too. It could be fun for him." I laughed before noticing his smug smile.

"This is not a chance for your matchmaking. I already had enough of that shit at the ball." He held his hands up.

"Okay. Not this time. He just needs to get better at understanding. Thats all."

*time skip next day after lunch*

I had the soldiers who failed my test lined up in the courtyard.

" alright, after your appalling results i have come to a new conclusion. It has been approved of by Commander Erwin and Squad leader Hanji. To my left is old blankets, sheets and covers. We will be travelling to the woods near the farms." I stated and instantly, the group was growing louder as collegues mumbled to one another.

"Why are we doing camping?"

"If she only taught us better..."

"This is so cool!"

"She really is dedicated"

I smirked before clapping my hands loudly. Grabbing everyones attention.

"That isn't all. It's a survival exercise so you're being split into groups of three. You will spread out and have one botanical journal per team. Oh and since supplies are low, you may want to hurry in snatching them. Oh and we'll be out there for two days with no contact between the groups and no help other than the books." I watched everyones mouths drop in shock.

Even Levi seemed a little perplexed.

"Any questions?"

"What if someone gets it wrong and someone gets sick?"

"Disqualification. Shoot a flare to notify us and we'll diagnose and send you back to HQ where you will work under commander Erwin." I answered.

"Now, find your partners.......let the race for supplies begin!" I yelled before dodging to the side only just missing the stampede.

Well, if the exercise ends up anything close to the catastrophe caused by the soldiers, we're in for a ride.