chapter 31: Dungeons and Titans

The dungeon was damp and dark as I crept down the stairs, past the sleeping guards and headed straight for the titan shifters.

"Bert, its crazy! We should just say what we-"

"Reiner. You know what they'll do? What's happen if she figures everything out?"

"Well, I didn't expect to walk into a conversation but here we are. You know more than you let on and I need to know-"

"The plan stopped with kidnapping jaeger and killing you. That's it. We don't know-"

"You know more about my abilities."

"We know you can see the future..."

"Bertholdt, please. Both of you just talk to me." They glanced to one another for a brief moment, the tension drifted slowly from their shoulders.

"You're descended from Knight Umilde. She was the one that brought down the titan of Ymir. A lot of people believe that your return to the walls is Knight umilde, the saviour returning."

"That's cute but-"

"I'm getting there. Umilde wasn't only the saviour but she was called unkillable. She always seemed to know what was going to happen and then, one day, she disappeared. Annie always thought you were Umilde reincarnated to stop us. I never got it until you managed to divert us, you knew what was going to happen with the blades. " I drew a shaky breath and watched the two of them.

"You think I'm Umilde? Back from the dead?" I was breathless as I stared at the two guys, sharing glances and turning their attention back to me.

"It's a theory. And a reason for some of the gangs around town wanting to attack you. They feel that because you're here, the final fight is coming. The others believe if you're truly Umilde, Ymir is back too. " I knelt on the floor and the two boys eyes glistened as they looked at me.

"What do you think?" I leaned forward, I could see the honest discomfort glinting in their eyes.

"...perhaps Umilde never died. She just went into hibernation until Humanity needed her most and came back. You came back."

"If you're here, our families are doomed. once that huntress awakes in you, we're all dead." I stared at the two of them.

"I'm not Umilde. I was born into this world. So what are you saying? That she inhabited my body or something?"

"Maybe you came across something when you lived out there. Something she left behind maybe?"  I could see a hint of a building, I blinked the thought away and stood.

"It's a lot to take in but-"

"Y/n!" I jumped and stared at levi as he stormed over.

"We've turned the place over, what was so important that you came down here?" The rage and concern were clear in his voice as he stared at me. I'd never seen him this angry before.

Not since he killed the titan that devoured his best friends.

"I...I thought I could get more answers." I whispered, guilt stinging the back of my throat.

"And the commander forbid you from coming down here. What if they tried to hurt you again?" His voice softened as he looked over my expression and helped me to my feet.

"We wouldnt-"

"Open your eyes, dumbass, you already did!" He shot back, fists clenched. Reiner lurched forward.

"And it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I'm not interested in acting like I'm a good guy, I'm not. She wanted answers and we gave some. That's it. Besides, even if we were stupid enough to attack her, we're chained to the wall!"

I turned to levi and placed a hand on his shoulder, he flinched away and stormed for the stairs. I followed after him.

"Levi wait!" I called after him, running to catch up.

"Can you keep it down. We don't want to wake the whole HQ."

I hurried after my short Corporal as he marched up the stone steps, past the now very awake guards, and didn't stop or speak until we reached our quarters.

"Levi-"

"What answers could you possibly have wanted from them?" I let out a breath.

"I'm sorry, I can't- it wasnt about anything-"

"So it's about your powers. Why theyre targeting you?" He deduced, shoulders eased and gazing softly at me, awaiting my confirmation.

"Yes." I breathed, he chewed his lip and I took a step closer.

"Can't you just accept that they're monsters that were threatened by your visions? Unless...there's something you haven't told me?"

"Levi, every time I try to tell you about my visions, it's like time rewinds. It's as if time is reset and it doesn't matter how often I explain, time will still change and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm all alone in this and I know that as soon as I stop talking, I'll see future you covered in blood and then-"

"Y/n." He took my trembling hands in his .

"You...you remember what I just said, right?" Pulling me tight against him, I registered just how much I was shaking.

"You don't have to hold this burden anymore." I blinked and pulled him in tighter, a knock sounded at the door but neither of us spoke or moved to answer it. I silenced my sobbing and buried my face into levis shoulder.

"You're my top priority." He whispered into my ear, his lips softly brushing against it. A warmth filled through me as I pulled away to look up at him.

"I love you." I whispered. His eyes widened slightly, a small smile graced his lips.

"I love you too."

"Corporal Levi-"

"Fuck off  to bed jaeger before I make you scrub the toilets with your toothbrush!" I bit my lip as eren quickly muttered an apology, his footsteps hurriedly fading as he ran from the office.

"Where did you get this tactic of dealing with people?"

"I don't care about playing nice to a bunch of assholes. You're better at that shit than me."

"Oh, I'm only nice to the ones that deserve it. Remember?" He smirked, remembering all of our training sessions with Farlan and Isobel. He'd always be the one running laps while they relaxed from training.

"You just wanted to watch me get all hot and sweaty." He mused, arms wrapping around my waist.

"Maybe...but maybe not. You were insolent back then."

"Just trying to impress you."

"Disrespecting me is supposed to turn me on?" I laughed, he stared at me.

"Hey, don't blame me. That's how we flirted underground. Thats why Farlan..." His face fell slightly, I nodded.

"Used to tease you all of the time, isobel wasn't much better."

"He was a bad influence...they would've loved to see us now."

"They would've been ruthless! Hange and Erwin are bad but they'd be so much worse." Levi nodded, a wistful smile on his face.

I couldn't fight the yawn that escaped me, levi smiled and took my hand.

"Come on. You need some rest. Then we'll go straight to Erwin and Hange in the morning. They need to know." I tiredly nodded and allowed him to guide me to bed.

A/n fun fact: I made this chapter before the last one! And the scene of y/n telling levi about her visions got cut in that chapter hence why she mentions it but you haven't read it.

The fun of writing this book. I write by scenes and figure out how to weave it together.

Thanks once again for reading and i hope you enjoy the chapter!
-Jay