Chapter 35: titan slayer

I glanced around the old decaying room. Other than the mold and moss invading the walls, it seemed completely untouched by time. A hairbrush still remained on the dresser, an outfit hung on the door of the wardrobe still waiting to be put on. It was eerily beautiful and made me miss my own home.

I got to my knees and turned to face the headboard I'd found myself cuffed to. I took a deep breath and threw all of my weight back. I bit my lip as the metal dug into my wrists and with another pull, I fell back onto the soft mattress.

A scream escaped me as I cradled my wrists to my chest.

"Fuck." I muttered, tears rolling down my face as I glanced at my hands, gently flexing them.

"Nothings broken. Nothings broken." I whispered, wiping my tears on my sleeves and slowly stood from the bed and headed for my maneuver gear beside the door. I quickly strapped it on and headed to the window only to have a giant face leering at me. I stepped back, my blood turned cold.

"Well, if it isn't the Saviour herself." I ran for the door, threw it open and hurried downstairs out the back door.

Of course, I should've realized the titan could see my attempt of escape. His hand was fast to grab me, I writhed but it was no use.

I glanced up to his grinning face.

"You're the one that had Mike killed." He laughed.

"How quaint you are talking to me as though you weren't afraid for your life a second ago. "

A blade sliced the giants nose.

"I told you to stay inside!" I stared at my older self in complete shock.

"Such a pest." The titan huffed, swatting at her, his grip released me. I grabbed my blades and grappled into a nearby building with ease.

"Y/n! Go!" My older self yelled, I glanced to the distand battle and then back to her, grappling with the shifter that murdered my friend. I cursed under my breath and moved to her aid.

"What are you doing?!"

"What's it look like? Move." I called, she bit back her retort, nodded and moved around to the titans other side.

If I distract, you could cut him out the nape.

I stared at her and shook my head.

If you wanna say something, think. Focus like you did when you tried to summon your visions.

I'm a better target. I'll distract while you cut him out.

You sure?

Positive.

She gave a thumbs up and I made a slice to his face, he growled and reached for me.

"I'm done with this bullshit!"

"Why are you doing this? We could coexist comfortably-"

"Pah. You really are gullible. Humans have used us for hundreds of years in these stupid wars! No more."

"You can't really think-"

"I said enough!"

"No!"

A flash of ebony hair flew by, hacking through the titans hand in one fell swoop. Blood spattered across my face as I stared in awe as levi returned, hacking into the titan until it lost balance, falling forward.

I zipped away to my elderly self, her expression of shock was incredible as levi hacked the human from his titan form.

"Well...maybe I underestimated the little man." I snorted.