TWELVE

🌷Anastasia🌷

Amy had another bad encounter at work, so I send her a quick text with a love heart emoji. Kimberly and I had done everything in our power to cheer her up at the time, but sometimes the only cure is a time away and a good night's sleep. My shift was fine and even I'm ready for a four-day break.

Within seconds, I have a reply.

Amy:

I LOVE YA!

I change out of my scrubs and tie my hair back, debating whether I want to bake or sleep? I saw a great recipe online for lemon drizzle cake and ever since then, I've been craving it. But I'm also exhausted and would benefit from a two-hour power nap. In the end, my decision is made for me when I check my cupboards and realise, I don't have any lemons in.

"Sleep, it is," I mumble to myself.

Moments away from my bedroom, a quiet knock sounds at my door, forcing me to change course. I already know who it is. My body has become so accustomed to him that whenever he's near, I can sense it. And I'm so fucking excited to see him.

"Freddie!"

"Hey!"

He beams at my slightly overenthusiastic greeting.

"You seem happy," he comments, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against my doorframe.

I can't help but pay close attention to the way his arm muscles expand. "I am."

"Any particular reason why?" he asks, knowing fine well what brought my happiness on.

"I just finished work for four days."

"Anything else?" he questions.

I respond by pulling on his collar and pressing my mouth to his neck. His stubble is rough against my lips, and I love the way it scratches against my sensitive flesh. He immediately throws his head back, gifting me greater access and I don't waste my opportunity. I work my way up his jaw, along his cheekbones before finishing with a sweet kiss on the tip of his nose. His reaction is blinding, much like his smile. He physically couldn't look any happier if he tried and I relish the thought of being the one to have done that.

"Where's Charlotte?" I ask.

"That's actually why I'm here," he explains, positioning both hands on my waist. "Jamie and Sloan have taken her from me."

I laugh. "You make it sound like kidnap."

"It is!" he insists. "They made me do it. I didn't want to leave her."

I gently caress his jaw.

"I'm suffering with major separation anxiety right now."

I smile before kissing his nose again. "I'm sure she'll have a great time with her auntie and uncle."

He nods, resting his forehead against mine. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to go out? Maybe dinner and dancing, then back to mine for some mind-blowing sex?"

"Well, if the sex is mind-blowing..."

We both laugh.

"I'd love that, Freddie."

He smiles and bumps his nose with mine. "Pick you up at seven?"

I nod, suddenly inundated with nervous excitement. I've never planned having sex before but something about doing so feels rather thrilling. I already know the anticipation is going to be a killer, though in the most beautiful way imaginable. Then comes the self-doubt of course. That will be a killer and not in a good way.