TWENTY-TWO

🌷Ana🌷

I'm halfway through eating my cheesy leeks when I notice Nic loading her plate for the second time. I don't bring attention to it, but I do kick Freddie's leg from underneath the table. He catches my eye and when I gesture towards her plate, he physically beams. A few seconds later, he leaves his seat to round the table and all but wraps his body around hers from behind, littering her face with kisses.

"I love you, Nicole Hudson."

She laughs as he continues his attack.

"What about me?" I tease.

He immediately switches his attention. "You're alright, I suppose."

He finishes his statement with a gentle kiss to my cheek, making me laugh.

"How's my little princess doing?" he asks, crouching in front of Charlotte.

She stares at him, eyes full of adoration.

"Fine," I reply, mimicking her tiny voice. "I ate all my dinner, daddy."

I show him the empty bottle.

He kisses both her cheeks and smiles. "Proud of you, baby."

His hands find my thighs, fingers toying with the hem of my dress.

"You look really pretty today," he shares, voice low.

I smile at him.

"Your dress offends me though."

"Oh, yeah?"

He nods, regrettably. "Yeah. I think I'm going to have to rip it off you later."

"FYI, I can hear everything you're saying," informs Nic, entering our conversation unannounced.

Freddie smiles and flicks her on the arm. Out of nowhere, Charlotte suddenly cries, on a mission to seemingly scream the entire apartment down.

"See, you've traumatised your daughter!" she insists, smirking.

Freddie laughs and takes Charlotte from me, soothing his dramatic daughter by hugging her to his chest. Her holds her dummy in his mouth as he rocks her back and forth and I swear I've never seen him look sexier.

"I think someone needs a nap," I share.

Freddie agrees. "Wanna help me put her to bed?"

I spot his ploy to get us alone and take the bait, desperate for a bit of privacy. Nic is onto us and struggles to hide her smirk, but the others remain thankfully oblivious. I follow Freddie towards his bedroom, barely letting the door close before I pounce.

"Whoa!" he breathes, smiling.

I run my hands along his chest and purposely undo the top two buttons on his shirt. Charlotte is still sulking in her dad's arms, pouting like a true princess.

"Let's get the baby undressed first, shall we?" he teases, landing a swift kiss to my cheek.

I head towards Charlotte's drawer and pull out some fresh pyjamas, choosing the ones with daisies on. Freddie strips her down and I place the fresh onesie over her head. She fights us a little bit, truly cranky from lack of sleep.

"She's angry," comments Freddie, laughing.

"You're just tired, aren't you princess?" I say, lifting her into my arms.

I kiss her cheeks and bump my nose with hers.

"I love you," I tell her.

Her legs kick, as though she understands exactly what I'm saying. I smile at her response and pass her to Freddie, catching him staring.