TWENTY-FIVE

🌷Ana🌷

It's all systems go from the moment we wake up. With Freddie and I being in charge of catering, I call the company first thing to ensure everything is still going ahead as planned. Thankfully, all is running smoothly, and I head to Sloan's room to get hair and makeup done.

"Happy wedding day!" I sing, poking my head around the door.

She's sat on the bed with Lara and her mum, all robes and slippers.

"Ana! Get over here!"

I'm not sure exactly what comes over me, but I find myself nose-diving at the three of them. They each giggle, taking me into their conversation with ease.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask.

"Drink fizz and relax while other people get us ready," replies Lara, describing my ideal morning.

"I love the sound of that," I insist.

Sloan's mum—Linda—reaches into a bag behind her and offers me a personalised silk robe.

"Lara and I had these made."

"Oh, they're stunning!"

"Has Freddie seen James this morning?" asks Sloan, nervously chewing her lip.

I nod.

"Is he okay?"

"He's fine. Charlotte is keeping them right."

She smiles, satisfied with that answer.

"I'm so nervous!" she admits.

"That's normal," I reassure. "You'll relax once you get some fizz in you!"

As though right on cue, Nic arrives with two bottles, one non-alcoholic.. "Happy wedding day, bitches!"

She joins us on the bed, still in her pyjamas.

I pull her to me and kiss the side of her face, feeling compelled to do so. She shoots me smile full of appreciation and goes on to open the first bottle, managing to keep the substance from spilling.

"To James and Sloan!" toasts Linda,

We cheers to the happy couple and drink.

"When's Jas getting here?" asks Nic.

Jasmine is Sloan's cousin, who is flying in from Australia to be here.

"She landed an hour ago. She'll be here any minute."

I excuse myself to check my phone, noticing I have an unread message from Freddie. I don't open it on the bed in case—for whatever reason—we've encountered a problem. I want today to run as smoothly as possible for Sloan and will do everything in my power to ensure it happens.

Freddie:
Babe!!

Ana:
OMG—What??

Freddie:
I LOVE YOU XX

I breathe a sigh of relief.

Ana:
I LOVE YOU TOO! XX

***

The service is beautiful, and I only cry three times, which—considering how emotional I've been today—is rather impressive. Freddie looks phenomenal in his suit and although my focus is mostly on the happy couple, I'd be lying if I said my gaze was on them the entire time. Charlotte is in her dad's arms, in awe of the fairly lights adorning each pillar. Her dress is so cute, almost an exact replica of ours. The venue has outdone themselves with regards to decoration. That's the one thing they offered to take care of with such short notice and I must admit, it's spectacular. The ballroom is like something straight out of a fairy tale, all white roses and sparkling lights. There's even a fountain in front of a huge bay window which I've no doubt we'll get pictures in front of later.