Chapter 17- Babysitting, To The Max...

What have i signed myself up to?

Who am i kidding, i can't take care of a toddler!

But Max can't be that much trouble...right? He's the sweetest little boy ever. But he seems to be in a bad mood ever since Emma opened the door, and he refuses to even look at his mum.

"Are you excited to spend the day with me, Maxy?"

"Yessss, 'Auren..." Emma begins to unpack Max's backpack, in attempt to cheer him up, "Do you want Zoo-Zoo, Max?" when she places a stuffed dragon in Max's eyeline, he smacks his toy down onto the floor out of Emma's hand.

I nit my eyebrows together in confusion yet anger, "That's not very nice to your mummy, is it Max?" Emma huffed, digging her elbows into her kneecaps and pressing down her nails into her temples, hard.

Max doesn't answer me, "Excuse me, young man, i said that was not nice to your mother. I'd like you to apologise, please." his bitter expression turns to slight sorrow, "Sorry, mummy." he forced the words out of his mouth.

Being a dominatrix, authority is something i strive in.

Max's attitude compelled Emma to begrudgingly leave the room, her head dipped down and her footsteps light.

"Thank you for apologising. Why don't you get out some toys whilst i talk to mummy?" without waiting for an answer, i follow the line of trail Emma used, to find her almost sobbing in my hallway.

"Hey, what's the matter-"

"I've never been in a fight with him before, i hate it."

"What's happened? Come on, you know you can talk to me." i offer her a kind smile in which she returns.

"He thinks i work too much...i promised him that today i would take him to Elephant Springs because i had a day off, but i've been called into work. That didn't exactly rest well..." Emma casts a gander over to where Max is situated on my couch, angrily scribbling in a drawing of some kind in a colouring book.

"Ever since i told him this morning, he's been moody." i was wondering why Emma phoned me up and asked me so abruptly.

My mind wanders over to when we were in Greece and i had a similar conversation with Max about this same subject.

"Please...get him to talk. Or at least not hate my guts anymore. I've never had to discipline him before so i have no clue how to."

"Hey, i dominate people for a living. I'm sure i can handle a moody 2 year old."

"Thank you, you're the best." Emma grazed my cheek with her lips and moved towards the door, "Mummy will be back later, Maxy. I love you?" she was met with stony silence.

I'll get him to talk eventually.

I push a bowl of three scoops of ice cream toward Max, drizzling on top some strawberry and chocolate sauce, then sprinkling on top some mini marshmallows.

I remember him having it at the underwater restaurant for dessert and saying it was his new favourite.

Hopefully that hasn't changed in two weeks.

"Now then, little man..." i hand him a spoon, and when he tilts his little head up, his eyes light like a flame.

"You can have all of this ice cream, if you tell me why you're sulking." he looks at me sceptically; i don't think he trusts his reward stake.

"Have one bite of it if you don't believe me." he digs in his spoon and brings the contents to his lips, sucking in the ice cream and giddily smiling after, "Hehe!" as he went to dive for another spoonful, i tugged the bowl away which made him frown.

"Ah ah ah, i don't think so mister. Come on, tell me what's happened with mummy."

He sighs loudly, looking up at me, "Then i get ice c'eam?"

"Then you get ice cream."

He chews on his lower lip and tongue to ponder, "Mummy alway leave me...for stupid 'ork. Stupid 'ork, bad bad bad." Max digs his spoon into my unbreakable kitchen island fiercely.

I don't think Emma has made Max realise that if she doesn't work he won't have a roof over his head.

Emma asked me to make him talk, but i'll do more than that.

"Max...do you know why mummy has to work?"

"Cuz she no 'anna pay wif me..."

"No, mate, that's not why. You see, think about it like this...if you go to sleep, when you wake up, you have a lot of energy, right?"

"Mmmmmmyeah..."

"And energy is a good thing, right?"

"Yah! I get to 'ave fun then!"

"Exactly. And, do you like sleeping?" he pulls a curious face, "Nnnnooooo, not really."

"Mummy doesn't like work, but she has to do it, and you know how energy is a good thing from sleep?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, if mummy works, she gets money, and all that money is spent on you." i poke his tummy which causes him to giggle.

"So mummy go 'ork and i get toys?!"

At least he's smiling now. "Yeah, pretty much. You also get a really nice house, food, fun time with mummy, and if mummy doesn't work, things get a bit more tricker than that."

" 'Ow tricksy?"

"Well, mummy might find it hard to get you the toys you love and she might to start feel upset because she can't make you happy."

"Oh...dat bad..."

"Badder than work?" he nods slowly in understanding.

"So, do you think when mummy comes home you're going to ignore her and be rude?"

"No, 'Auren. I pwomise i'll be 'ood..."

"Thank you." i shove the bowl back in front of him with a smile, "Here you go, little guy. You've earned it."

After a few hours of running around in the garden, chasing a hyper toddler and feeding him some dinner, i'm trying my best to clean up a mud-infested Max.

"How did you manage to get mud in between your toes?!"

"I no know." we hear the front door squeak open, Emma lugging herself inside. Max jumps up from my lap and runs toward his mum, his arms clasping tightly around her right calve.

"Hi mummy!" Emma's face lights up when it becomes evident that Max is no longer in a mood, "Hi, baby boy! Mummy missed you today! Um, w-why are you covered in-"

"I pay in garden!"

Emma looks down at her mud-covered work clothes with a grimace, "Mmm mm, i see...why don't you go and get cleaned up, yeah? Then mummy will take you home."

"Otay!" Max later returns to me for a clean. I should probably get some toys for him to play with for whenever he comes over.

Emma greets me with a small kiss, "Thank you. I don't know what i'd do without you."

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Thank you so much for reading!

I appreciate every view, it truly means a lot <3

The next chapter will come tomorrow!