Chapter 20- A Thing For Diamonds...

I'm taking care of Sir Max Arthek Alton today as his mum is in a different town on duty.

I don't think the kid minds though; i think he's glad he doesn't have to spend the day with his Aunt again.

"Mama 'Aureeeen!"

Despite not hearing what he said, he comes running into my living room, "Yes, young gentleman?"

"See what i cuwer'd!" he shows me a colouring in of a dragon, "It 'ooks just 'ike Zoo-Zoo!"

I've come to knowledge that Zoo-Zoo is Max's stuffed animal. I guess every kids gotta have one.

"Wow, Max! It looks very nice! Are you going to give it to mummy?" he shakes his head vastly.

" 'Ou 'ave it! You no 'ave any d'awings 'et."

Emma's kitchen is swarming with drawings from Max. I guess he doesn't want me to feel left out.

"Aw, thanks little guy." i rip the paper from the pad, lift Max in my arms and stick it to my fridge.

" i rip the paper from the pad, lift Max in my arms and stick it to my fridge

"What do you think?"

"It 'ooks good!" He's such a sweet little boy.

"How do you think about taking a little trip? I'll get you a McDonald's?"

"Yay! 'Ets go!"

I have to admit, there is an ulterior motive for bringing Max out, "Okay, Max, we're here." he peeks outside of the window, inspecting the outside world.

"Where we?"

"We're at a jewellery shop. Y'know how it was mummy's birthday a few days ago?"

"Yah! Mummy ay'teen!"

"That's right, and the present i ordered your mummy has been delayed, so i want to get her a new present, even though it's a little bit late. Could you help me?"

"Yah! I kno' what mummy 'ikes..."

"I know that's why i've asked you to help me, silly."

I help Max out of the car, and we make our way to the entrance.

Thankfully i can go to a place where i didn't buy Rebecca any jewellery.

We're greeted by a salesman with a grin, "How can i help you?" i hoist up Max into my embrace, "What does mummy wear the most, Max?"

"Ring!" he begins to tug on the necklace that hangs upon my neck, "Dis pwetty..."

"Mm, would mummy like a ring like my necklace do you think?"

"Mmm mm! Match!"

I unclasp my own necklace and hand it to the worker, "I think we have something like this! I'll go fetch it now. Why don't you take a seat and i'll be there with you soon."