Chapter 9

Arthur's POV:

My head was aching when I woke up.
The memories before i passed out ran through my mind.
I started to panic as I checked the unfamiliar surroundings. I seemed to be in some bedroom, a luxurious was an understatement for this large area an double king sized bed.
I slowly got up my knees almost buckling under me from weakness.
I walked towards a large gold vanity with a spotless mirror.

I noticed I had different clothes on, Silk pajamas covered my lean frame.
As I stared at my messy hair and the bruise that resided on my neck reminding me who the perpetrator was for all of this.

I heard some voices and footsteps out in the distance and quickly jumped back into bed.
Moments later I heard the door open and familiar footsteps warp around the bed.

I shut my eyes and acted like I was still passed out but I guess I needed to work on my acting.
"I know your awake....Grey." I felt my body go rigid from the name.

How did he know who I was? I shot up from the bed and stared him dead in the eye. "My name is Arthur" I told him.
"There's no point in denying your true identity, I know who you are.. your highness."
I felt fear well up within me but kept my vision on Agrona.
He didn't look at me with hate or malice, he looked at me with soft eyes and a warming smile.
Why?

"What do you want with me?" I asked cautiously.
He took a moment to answer, "I want your love." The older man embraced me, warmth taking over me while I tried to process what he just confessed.
"Why... do you want my love? I barely even know you?" He held me even tighter almost not giving room to breathe. "But I know you, Grey, I know who you are and what you went through."
"I don't care if it takes a whole century to make you love me back because I'll do anything for you!"

When I heard my old name again I felt saddened. "How could you have known me? You weren't even there." I pushed him away and felt tears well in my eyes. I don't know why I was about to cry, maybe because my past was mentioned or maybe another reason.
"You'll understand one day." He walked out of the large bedroom and left me alone.

I sat on the bed in defeat and stared out at the very large window in the middle of the room.

Much like the one in my past...