Chapter 18

Arthur's POV

After a long conversation and convincing from Agrona I had decided to just wear what he gave me.
I picked Percy up from his crib and wrapped him comfortably in a silk blanket and carried him out of the room with the dark haired male at my side.
We still had time before the ceremony so we took that time to have a small breakfast and to prepare.
Servents and guards whispered were heard throughout the halls.
Feeling nervous and insecure I hid behind my child and placed a cloth over my face.

he noticed my discomfort and slowed to my side and wrapped an arm around my shoulder with a small reassuring smile only I could notice.
I felt a little better after that.

We went to his office and he sat down at his desk beckoning me with his smooth cold hands.
I walked over adjusting the little one in my arms. "What is it?" I tilted my head.
"Don't let those people get to you, Grey, they are nothing but ants under our shoes.
You have the right to punish them if they continue with this behavior after today because you have the power. Alright."

I nodded my head in understanding and  ruffled his long hair. "I'm not a child, you of all people should know that, they're words don't affect me because they don't matter to me.
So there's no need to punish them"

"Well if they do ever cross the line leave it to me, I'll take care of them."

"Please don't,"

"Is it just me or have you become soft."

"Maybe a little" I admitted. "Having a child does that to you. In some cases." I glanced at him.
He chuckled lowly sending chills down me.

I used to be such a softie to my little sister, Ellie. She would always wake me up in the most startling way but I could never get mad at her.
Or my mom she would scold me every so often but she only did so because she was worried.
I also remember the helsteas and how kind they were to me and my family. The twin horns to, and Tessia and Virion.

Something within me began grow heavy at the missed memories of my family and friends.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Just things, it's nothing" I replied coldly. Though I didn't mean to.
I saw his eyes harden at my response which made me back away.
"A-Anyways should we be heading out now." I changed the subject.
"I suppose we should"

I heard Percy let out a small whine and hushed him with smothering of many small kisses to his soft pale skin making him giggle. Which triggered me with the same responses. He was just so adorable I couldn't help but smother him with affection.

I bet they would all love him back home. Or would they?
Will I ever find out.

Art is missing his family sm it makes me sad
I hope they know he's alive