*Chapter 5: A Stroll with Bagheera*

The next morning, Rayna was told that she must be away from the den for some time. She wished she knew when she will be back, but Rama told her that he will send a word to Chil. Rayna said goodbye to her pack, giving her family hugs. Akela gave her a nod, telling her that she will return soon. Rayna brought her spear and follow Bagheera out of the den.

"Stay safe." Rama said. "We'll meet soon." Rayna turned her head back to see her father. She gave him a small smile and a nod. She followed the panther. Raksha sat next to her partner. They watch their girl-cub disappear in the jungle with Bagheera. Grey and his brothers remain silent as they watched. For once, Scout and the other two wolves didn't make a comment about Rayna leaving. Grey hoped that Rayna will come home as soon as Shere Khan was dealt with somehow.

XX

"Where are we going to go, Bagheera?" Rayna asked as they stroll through the quiet jungle. "How long are we going to be gone?"

"Chil will tell us if she finds us." Bagheera replied. "Rama will send a word to her when it's safe for you and the pack to live in peace again. Shere Khan is coming after you as promised." Rayna walked beside the panther.

"I don't understand why he wanted to kill me so bad. I've never done anything to him my whole life. He attacked me." Rayna said. Bagheera jumped on the fallen tree as Rayna continued on the path.

"He hates man with vengeance." Bagheera told her. "He will stop at nothing until he has you in his claws before you grow up to become a man, err...I mean woman. You know have one year until you become one. And because Shere Khan is afraid of a man's gun and the Red Flower."

"The Red Flower?" Rayna wondered. "What's that?"

"It's a necessity man uses. There is beauty in it, but also grave danger." Bagheera told her. "The Red Flower in man's term is fire." Rayna stopped following him as she heard the word fire. She doesn't know why, but there is something familiar about it. Bagheera turned his head back. "Rayna?"

"Fire." Rayna whispered. Bagheera raised a brow at her. He wondered if she remembers the Red Flower. Rayna caught up with Bagheera. "How dangerous is this Red Flower?"

"It can destroy anything it touches. Even this jungle." Bagheera replied. Rayna wondered if she could use the Red Flower to threaten Shere Khan, but it would mean the jungle will fear her since the Red Flower is dangerous as Bagheera says. Where could she find the Red Flower? "Don't think about it, Rayna. The Red Flower is dangerous." Bagheera said as if he read her thoughts.

"Where could we find it?" Rayna asked. Bagheera is silent and kept walking. Rayna tried to catch up to him. "Bagheera, if you know, tell me!"

"No!" Bagheera said raising his voice. Rayna flinched. The panther cleared his throat. "I can't answer that, Rayna. I'm only protecting you. It is best if you don't know where to get the Red Flower. Please understand." Rayna had to give up on this for now.

"Okay." She said finally. "Without the Red Flower, I could handle Shere Khan like you or any animal." Bagheera started to chuckle. Rayna crossed her arms. "What's so funny, Bagheera?"

"You think you could face anything like we can? Oh, I doubt it. Sure, you can fight with your spear, but you are nothing like us. Or like me." He said with a smile. Rayna watched him climb up a tree to follow the branches and she follows from below. Bagheera started to sing to her, watching her from above the trees.

"Well, my home is in the jungle,
And although I am quite humble,
I am not just another pussycat.
When I roar, the ground rumbles,
And the feeble-hearted crumble,
As I'm a well-respected, jungle-savvy cat."

"Yes, you are a respectful one. And some creatures fear you." Rayna spoke as she balanced on the fallen tree as a bridge to get across. Then, Tailsy flew down to see Bagheera and Rayna on their way. Rayna smiled at her little friend who climbed on her to sit on her shoulder.

"But just look at you, Rayna.
Truly anyone can see that you possess neither the speed nor the size.
This is no joke, my friend.
Yes, you'll see, in the end that you should listen to the words of the wise."

"Bagheera, Rayna is quicker than you think!" Tailsy said to the panther. Rayna walked ahead as Bagheera continued to use tree branches.

"You may think that we're the same.
You may think it's all a game.
You may think that it's all only fun and joy.
It may not be your taste but you're going to have to face that the jungle is no place for a girl."

"But this is my home." Rayna said. "We'll be returning to the wolf pack one day."

"I followed you guys and I want to know how far you will be gone." Tailsy spoke. Rayna was about to reply until Bagheera continued to sing to her.

"Well, there's trouble in the jungle and sometimes,
Everybody fumbles but when I fall,
I don't get carried away.
Because some you win and some you lose,
But as long as you follow your muse you'll be singing at the end of the day.
But the jungle's full of danger no,
It's no place for a stranger there are snakes and tigers dying for a snack.
And you may think you've reached your goal,
You may think you're in control when you're suddenly knocked down by an attack."

Tailsy shuddered at the word snakes. He is very afraid of them. Especially when he was almost eaten by a cobra and Rayna saved his life. But Tailsy is afraid of Shere Khan as well. He doesn't know which he fears most.

"You may think that we're the same.
You may think it's all a game.
You may think that it's all only fun and joy.
It may not be to your taste but you're going to have to face that the jungle is no place for a girl."

They jump over a pit as they continue to wander through the jungle. Rayna turned back to see how far they've gotten from the den. Rayna didn't want to be too far off into the jungle she's never been to yet. Even Tailsy was worried how far they could go.

"Well, there are things I do believe in,
And there are things I don't believe in,
And the line is sometimes fine between right and wrong.
And you have to understand if I have to take a stand.
It's not because I'm weak it's because I'm strong.
And sometimes my heart is broken,
And the truth remains unspoken,
And it seems to me that it's an unfair fight.
But I'll never turn away, yes, I am quite proud to say, that I'm a cat that'll roar for what is right."

Above the trees, there are a few monkeys watching Bagheera, Rayna, and Tailsy from the branches. They watched quietly. They focus on Rayna that they hear so much about. The young flying squirrel look up at the trees, and the monkeys quickly disappear from his sight. Tailsy raised his brow. He knew he saw some creatures above them.

"You may think that we're the same.
You may think it's all a game.
You may think that it's all only fun and joy.
It may not be your taste but you're going to have to face that the jungle is no place for a girl!"

Rayna stopped at her tracks and place her hands on her hips, staring at Bagheera. She gets the point, but she won't be leaving this jungle because of Shere Khan. She will return to her pack one day. Bagheera laughed a bit and join her on the ground to walk with her.

"Let's keep moving." He said. Rayna rolled her eyes and followed as Tailsy remains on her shoulder. He looks up the tree to find anything watching them, but nothing in sight. The monkeys in the trees started to whisper each other as the trio left.