*Chapter 20: Reunited*

Hunar and Elias were following the flames of the jungle and the rain is slowly putting them out, thunder roared in the sky. Hunar is looking around for his sister, calling out her name while holding on the torch as Elias held onto his spear. As the two young men were looking for her, Elias noticed the panther appeared in the jungle with a gray wolf.

"Down." Elias whispered to Hunar, pulling him down behind the bushes.
Bagheera and Grey were looking for Rayna. Tabaqui and the hyenas retreated after they hear a dying roar of Shere Khan earlier. The other animals were concerned about Rayna. Grey gasped as he found Rayna's body. He hurried over to her and nudge her with his paw. Bagheera hurried over and his eyes widen.

"Oh no." Bagheera spoke, shaking his head. "Rayna?" No response. "Rayna, get up." He placed his paw on Rayna's shoulder, shaking her a bit. Baloo came beside him and couldn't believe what he is seeing.

"Oh, little britches." Baloo said, trying not to cry. He bent over to pick her up. "Aw, come on, kid." The three walked away to inform the other animals. Hunar and Elias silently watched them.

XX

Raksha and the others were waiting for them to return. Akela turned to see Baloo, Grey, and Bagheera. Rayna is in Baloo's arms. Tailsy came down from the tree but noticed the sad expressions on their faces. Baloo gently placed Rayna's body on the grass. Raksha gasped and went over to her.

"No...she couldn't..." She speaks. "Rayna? Rayna, wake up. Please wake up." Raksha said as she nudges her daughter's face with her cold nose. She whimpered a bit as the other wolves watch in silent. "No. My daughter..." Raksha sobbed, nuzzling Rayna's cheek. Akela walked over with distraught in his eyes. First they lost Rama, and now Rayna.

"Raksha." Akela spoke. "She...she's gone." Raksha started to cry as Grey lowers his head. Scout, Roan, and Onyx felt sympathy for their sister and started to have tears in their eyes. They feel bad for picking on her for years. They now see she is a real hero of the jungle. Tailsy started to sob as Chil held him close in a hug. Raksha licks Rayna's cheek. Bagheera sniffed a bit.

"Rayna. You were very brave." He spoke, turning to face the jungle as the flames died down by the rain. "You will forever be in our hearts. This jungle will remember what you did. You stood up to Shere Khan. The tiger is forever gone. I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me. You're like a daughter to me." Bagheera's tears fall from his eyes. Baloo sniffed, wiping his tears.

"That's beautiful, Baggy. I'm sure her spirit had heard that." He said. The animals continue mourn over Rayna's death. Baloo lowered his paw over Rayna's forehead to stroke her hair. "I'm not ready to say goodbye..."

"Say what you wish to her now, Baloo." Bagheera said, turning away. Baloo was about to speak until he hears a groan. He looks down at Rayna's face and see her eyes open.

"Mm...Baloo?" Rayna spoke. The animals gasp as they hear her. Bagheera turn to her in surprise. Baloo smiled and pick her up in his arms.

"Rayna! You're alright!" He said, hugging her. "Hahaha! You gave us a scare! We thought we lost you!" Rayna grunted a bit.

"Baloo! Careful! I'm wounded!" Rayna told him. The bear put her down. Rayna rubs her chest where Shere Khan scratched her. "Ow, he really got me that time." Tailsy came over and jump on Rayna, nuzzling her face.

"We were worried! I thought you were gone." He said. Rayna giggled and petted his small body.

"Oh, Rayna! Thank goodness! We thought you were dead." Raksha said, nuzzling her face against Rayna's. The girl smiled a bit. Her brothers came over and nuzzle her and lick her face.

"You're tougher than I thought, girl-cub." Scout said. "Listen, sorry that we pick on you for years. We're wrong about you."

"Yeah. Can you forgive us?" Onyx asked.

"We're such jerks." Roan spoke. Rayna smiled and pet each of her brothers.

"It's okay. I forgive you." She said. She looked over at Bagheera. "Hey, Bagheera, were you crying?"

"I'm not crying!" Bagheera lied. "You little fraud! You...you really scared me, Rayna!" Rayna laughed at him and hugged him. Bagheera wrap one arm around her back. "Oh I'm so glad you're alright." Everyone is smiling at this. Rayna hugged each of her friends as the rain continue to fall. They turn to face the jungle that is no longer in flames. Rayna frowned a bit.

"Aw, don't worry, Rayna." Buzzie spoke. "The rains stopped the Red Flower. The jungle will recover in a few days."

"Yeah! Everything's going to be alright!" Flaps said. Rayna smiled a little. She stood on her feet. She brought her head back and let out her howl. The wolves joined her, howling in the air. Bagheera and Baloo smiled at each other as Rayna howls along with the wolves.

"Now things are gonna be different, huh fellas?" Dizzy asked.

"Yeah." Buzzie spoke. "So, what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know- Oh, now don't start that again!" Flaps said with an annoyed look on his face. Chil and Rocky couldn't help but to laugh at the vultures.

XX

From the jungle, Hunar and Elias have watched the beautiful moment. Hunar has figured that his sister was raised in the jungle all this time. He was surprised that she had survived for so long. He knew deep down she is alive. But now that he sees that Rayna is with her animal friends and howled with the wolves, he wasn't sure if he should take her away from this.

"So, your sister lives in the jungle." Elias spoke with a warm smile. "Look at the animals around her. They know her."

"Yeah." Hunar said. "She seems...happy." Elias turned to him. Hunar let out a sigh. "Let's go home."

"Wait. What do you mean? Go talk to her." Elias said, getting in front of him. "You've been searching for her for years and you want to stop there?"

"She's alive and well. But...it would be wrong to take her away." Hunar said. "She would be scared if she enters the village. But if we do see her again, she's free to make a choice whether she lives here in the jungle or be in the village." He walked away. Elias sighed a bit and followed him. But he had a plan in mind.