*Chapter 18: Shivani's Advice*

After running away from Kaa, Rayna found herself in the swamp she's never been in before. She moved some vines out of the way. She then hears hissing around her in the swamp. Rayna looked around the trees with an irritated expression. She slowly picked up a rock, using it as a weapon as she looks around. A green tail wraps around her wrist, making Rayna gasp.

"Let go of me!" She yelled, trying to get the tail off.

"Fear not, Rayna." A voice called spoke. Rayna froze as she realizes this is not Kaa. Shivani appeared behind her and smiled warmly. "It isss I, Shivani." Rayna turned her head towards her and drop the rock. Shivani releases her. "Whom did you expect?"

"Shivani. I'm so sorry. For a moment I thought you were Kaa." Rayna spoke after she calms down. Shivani scoffed at the python's name. It wasn't the first time someone mistook her for another snake. Especially Kaa who always plays with his food. "What're you doing out here?" Rayna asked the green snake.

"I'm the one who sssshould be assssking the sssame thing, girl-cub." Shivani said. "What are you doing in my part of the jungle all alone?"

"You never heard? My father was killed by Shere Khan. Baloo and Bagheera told me about it this morning, so...I ran away just for their safety. I don't know what to do, Shivani." Rayna said. "Shere Khan needs to be stopped."

"Hmmm. Come with me, Rayna. I have ssssomething to show you." Shivani says as she slithers off towards her lair. Rayna followed her. "There isss a way to defeat that tiger, girl-cub. You already know the tiger'ssss weaknessss." Shivani reached towards the hollow tree and slithered inside, bringing the rest of her coils as Rayna followed by climbing over some coils. Shivani faces her as the coils move around them. "To defeat Sssshere Khan, you musssst ussse man'ssss weapon, the Red Flower. You've sssseen the Red Flower, have you not?"

"I...I did." Rayna replied. "There's a man village out there and the people are using it. Bagheera made me promise not to use it against Shere Khan or bring it to the jungle."

"Promissse or no promissse, you want to faccce Sssshere Khan with the Red Flower. I can sssee it on my coilsss..." Rayna let out a gasp as she watches Shivani's coils showing images of Rayna's past when she first arrived in the jungle with her real family. She sees the boy giving her the necklace. Rayna touched her necklace. "That man-cub you sssee wassss your brother." Shivani spoke. Then the imagery shows Shere Khan attacking the camp and killed Rayna's parents and the little boy was crying out for them as little Rayna ran away. "You were sssso afraid and you sssstumbled into the panther, Bagheera."

"He told me about what happened to my family." Rayna spoke. "Shere Khan hates humans with vengeance. He wanted me dead. So he killed my father wolf. If only I was there for my pack..." Rayna noticed Shivani's scar on her coils. "Shivani! You...you were marked as well!" The snake was silent. Rayna looked up at her. "What happened?"

"Ssshere Khan sees his future. He wassssn't ssso pleasssed." Shivani replied. "It had happened long before you came into our jungle, Rayna. He wassss aware of you." Rayna looked down at the coils once more as it shows her the Red Flower being held by a shadowy figure. "Sssshere Khan hasss fear in his eyesss when he wasss shown by thissss. A girl holding the Red Flower. Hair black as night, eyessss brown as mud, and a pure brave heart." The shadow figure reveals Rayna, surrounded by the Red Flower as the shadowy animals run around her. "Your dessstiny is in your handssss, Rayna." Shivani says as the images shows Shere Khan lunging out of the flames with a menacing roar.

"That tiger." Rayna spoke, clenching her fist. "He was afraid of me this whole time." She touches her scar over her eye. "I was running away from him the whole time and now I learn his true fear. It's not only the Red Flower. It's me he is afraid of. He has been torturing the poor animals in the jungle and will start killing again if he doesn't get what he wants! Then I'll give him what he wants." She looks up at Shivani. "The tiger dies tonight."

"Very well, Rayna. But be careful. Who knowsss which one of you will make it alive? Only the strongesssst sssurvivessss."

"I've been surviving in this jungle for years. I am strong. After all I've been through, I am ready to face Shere Khan. He will hunt no longer." Shivani stares at her with a soft smile. Rayna raised her brow at her. "What're you smiling about?"

"Oh, I jussst wanted to bring up what you sssaw in the jungle. You sssaw two men and one of them caught your eye." Shivani spoke as her coils shows Elias. Rayna blushed and turn away. "Looksss like ssssomebody is in love." Shivani giggled.

"No, I'm not." Rayna said. "I was just curious. I don't belong in the man village anyhow. My home is the jungle."

"Oh, you'll never know." Shivani said. "You are free to make your choicccesss of where you truly belong, Rayna. Find your true happinessss. But for now, you have a tiger to take care of. Remember, be wisssse." The girl nodded and pet the coils.

"Thank you, Shivani. I'm going to save this jungle and protect those who need me." Rayna turned away to leave the lair. Shivani forms a small smile. The future she sees is being fulfilled.

Chil flew towards the wolves' den and see Akela on council rock. She lands on the tree branch. Raksha and her sons came up to her, wondering what has happened. Akela joins the other wolves as Chil was telling them what was going to happen tonight.

"Rayna is about to face Shere Khan! She...she is going to fight him with the Red Flower!" Chil said. The wolves gasped and stutter. Raksha's eyes widened.

"The Red Flower..." She whispered. "Where would she find it?"

"She's crazy!" Roan spoke as his brothers nod in agreement.

"Rayna can't face the tiger alone!" Grey said. "Shere Khan is too strong!" Akela howled to his wolves to get their attention. They turned to him.

"Rayna is part of our pack. Shere Khan has threatening us with his hyena friends. I will not stand for it! This jungle deserves freedom! Rayna is trying to protect us, but she cannot do it alone. Shere Khan has killed one of the most trusted wolves, and it was Rama! Rayna's father!" Akela said.

"Akela's right!" Raksha spoke. "Shere Khan needs to be stopped! He kills and hunts for pleasure, and never follow the law of the jungle! He has been trying to kill Rayna for a long time! I do not want to see my daughter die out there!" The other wolves started to agree. Rayna may be a human, but she is still part of their pack.

"I say we fight alongside with Rayna!" Grey said as he joins his mother's side. "For our freedom! For our home! We take the tiger!" The wolves started to cheer in agreement. "We have a fight ahead of us! Shere Khan has a hyena army!"

"Chil, be on a lookout for Rayna! We will be by the river and inform us as soon as you found her!" Akela said as he and the pack left. Chil flew off and let out a cry throughout the jungle. In the sky, the clouds are coming in, thunder rumbles.