*Chapter 11: The Bare Necessities*

Tabaqui hurried to the grassland to find Shere Khan. But he was stopped by Grey who lunged at him, causing the hyena by surprise. Tabaqui snarled up to the wolf who growled down at him. Rama appeared with a scowl. Tabaqui moved away and stood up.

"Rama. Grey. What do I owe the pleasure?" Tabaqui asked.

"What's your hurry, Tabaqui?" Rama asked.

"Uh, no hurry. Just...wandering around." Tabaqui said chuckling. "And what are you two doing all the way out here?"

"Where is Shere Khan?" Grey asked, walking towards him. Tabaqui growls at him, showing his teeth at the wolf. "Where is he?"

"I don't know where the boss is!" Tabaqui answered.

"And what are you doing out here?" Rama asked. "You never come around these parts, have you?"

"No, I just came from the north." Tabaqui quickly covered his mouth with his paw. Rama tilts his head to the side. "You didn't hear that part!" Tabaqui said, trying to leave.

"Rayna was out there, wasn't she?" Rama asked. Before the hyena could speak, Chil lands on the branch. They look up at the bird. Chil gave the hyena a glare.

"Begone!" Chil told him. Tabaqui chuckled and ran off to another direction. Grey was about to chase him, but Rama stopped him. "Lucky I've found you." Chil said. "Bagheera didn't want you both out here. Rayna is safe."

"Are they out there in the north side of the jungle?" Rama asked, looking out at the distance where Tabaqui came from.

"Yes." Chil said. "And I see you haven't seen Shere Khan yet. He could be hiding somewhere, waiting for Rayna to appear."

"He was here." Grey says as he sniffs the ground and look over at the gorge. "The scent is a day old. He must've sent Tabaqui out in the north to look for Rayna." Rama growled a bit. He wanted to look for Shere Khan now that he knew that Rayna is alive and well. "What should we do, father?" Grey asked.

"Shere Khan is still out there. Son, you still wish to join me?" Rama asked.

"Yes." Grey said. Rama thanked Chil before he and Grey took off to find Shere Khan's whereabouts. As soon as Chil flew away, Tabaqui came out of the bushes and went off to the south. He must warn Shere Khan about the wolves.

"I hope you're satisfied!" Rayna says, putting honey on the bee stings she has on her body. "I guess we're even now." Baloo felt bad for what Rayna went through but was very impressed.

"You need to stop worrying, kid." He told her. "You will be better in no time at all. Now that you put honey on those marks..." Baloo licks her arms and face. Rayna groaned in disgust. "They will go away in a bit. Thank me later."

"Right." Rayna said, wiping away the saliva. Bagheera rests on the tree branch watching Rayna wipe the saliva off her arms. He hopes that Rayna won't be doing anything foolish again, yet she did use her tricks.

"Rayna, Akela told you not to do tricks. It is not the wolf way." Bagheera told her. Rayna turned to him.

"I've been using these tricks to get food!" Rayna argued. "And they work!"

"That's right, Baggy!" Baloo spoke. "I don't see anything wrong with that. And I'll teach her all I know!"

"Well, that shouldn't take long." Bagheera said with a sigh. Rayna sat on the rock, putting her hair behind her ear. Tailsy smiled up at Baloo who look down at the two with a smile.

"Look, it's like this, britches. All you gotta do is..." Baloo then clapped his paws and began to sing the song to Rayna and Tailsy. Bagheera gave him an awkward glance when he hears this.