*Chapter 10: Baloo*

Chil flew down towards the branch as she sees Bagheera. She told him about Rama and Grey went out to look for Rayna after Shere Khan tried to attack her yesterday. Bagheera figured that Rama is very worried about his girl-cub, but he didn't need to leave the pack to look for her. But Chil mentioned that Shere Khan is still lurking around the south parts of the jungle.

"He's waiting for Rayna to return. Is Tabaqui with him?" Bagheera asked.

"Now you mention it, there is no striped hyena with him." Chil replied. "Unless the tiger sent him to look for the girl-cub."

"Drat. That hyena could be anywhere then." Bagheera growled. "If you find Rama and Grey, tell them to return to the pack. And tell them Rayna is alright." Chil spread her wings and flew away. Bagheera sighed to himself. He doesn't know when he and Rayna will return home. Shere Khan is still out there, and Tabaqui had been following Rayna out here, but maybe he hasn't found her trail. "Safe travels, Rama. We'll be home soon, I hope." Bagheera said to himself as he turned back to where he came from to look for Rayna and Tailsy.

Rayna is sitting up against the large boulder, playing with the stick while Tailsy sat next to her. Rayna wanted to go back to her pack, worried about them. Even Tailsy figured that his mother must be worried sick about him by then. Tailsy didn't think he could be with Rayna and Bagheera this long, but he can't go home alone. He will stay with Rayna all the way. He smiled up at her as she gently pets his small body with her fingers.
Suddenly, there was a rustling in the bamboo trees nearby. Rayna's guard is up when she hears those sounds, and Tailsy hid behind Rayna's ankles. As the rustling of the trees grew louder, Rayna and Tailsy turned to where it was coming from. Whatever it was, it was coming right towards them.

"What was that?" Tailsy asked. Rayna told him to stay quiet as she watches the trees and bushes with a look. Tailsy closes his eyes, fearing it could be Shere Khan. Sounds of smacking lips is heard as well, and then singing. Rayna and Tailsy soon saw that it was a sloth bear who danced slowly out of the trees and bushes out into the clearing that Rayna and Tailsy were in.

"Well, it's a-doo-ba-dee-do.
Yes it's a-doo-ba-dee-do.
I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-do.
And with the..."

He soon stopped as he noticed Rayna and Tailsy at their spot. Rayna raised a brow at him, wondering if he could be friendly or maybe dangerous.

"Well now. Haha, what have we here?" He wondered as he proceeded to sniff Rayna. "Mmmm, hey, what a funny little bit of a..." His sentence was interrupted by a smack on the nose by Rayna. "Oof!" The bear said as he covered his nose.

"Stay back!" Rayna warned him. Tailsy got a better look at the bear and climbed up Rayna's body to be on her head. Tailsy gasped.

"Baloo? Is that you?" He asked. The bear shook the feeling off and look down at the squirrel and let out a chuckle.

"Tailsy? Well, little britches! Where have you been all this time?" Baloo asked, picking up Tailsy. Rayna watched the two talk in silent. Seems like Tailsy knew the bear. "Boy, I've seen everything in these woods. And who is this pretty little friend of yours?"

"This is Rayna. The adopted member of the wolf pack." Tailsy said. "Rayna, this is Baloo. One of my friends before my mom and I moved to the south. He's friendly."

"I see that." Rayna spoke. "Um, hello. I'm sorry for hitting you. Last thing I wanted is to get eaten."

"Well now, that's pretty big talk there, little britches." Baloo says, giving her a gentle pat on the back. Rayna placed her hands on her hips.

"Little?" She asked. Baloo chuckled at her. Tailsy started to whisper to Baloo. The bear smiled and gave him a nod. "What?" Rayna asked, noticing them whispering to each other.