2

(Moon's pov)

     Isn't it funny how much can happen in such a short time? I think it is at least.
      Though it seems nobody else notices. Except me. Hm. Funny that.
     It's the one thing I always notice.
And I never appear to notice anything.

     Eclipse is asleep on the corner of my bed. As per the usual, after one of the worse fights. He looks so peaceful, for once, and it makes me wonder how he would be if Sun was less...
I don't know.

     I can't fall asleep, so I pad over to the window and look at the silvery moon glowering steadily in the sky.
     I like the Moon
It doesn't judge me.
     Like people do.
It's shine fades from behind a wispy cloud, and I again find myself staring back at the PizzaPlex, it's neon lights illuminating the street in green and pink.
     I miss it sometimes.
I used to live there.
     When everything was okay.

We were the Daycare attendants there. All four of us. Sun and all.
     He was nicer back then.
I loved the kids. I didn't enjoy it so much when they ate glitter glue, but... That's kids, for you.
     They didn't find us weird.
Like everyone else did.
     We were normal to them.
I admire them for that.

But technology improved.
They wanted to see
If
They could turn the animatronics into...
Humans.
As the parents were anxious of leaving their children with us.
Not like I blame them.
Not with our history to show for it.

So, we were their experimental figures.
Guinea pigs, if you will.
Lab rats.

They tinkered with us.
Removed a part,
Added a part,
Changed a part,
Until the code went wrong.

I still don't want to talk about that night.
But all I can say is,
It led us here.
Runaways.
To this old abandoned house.
If you can even call it that.

My room is effectively an attic, cold in the winter, hot in the summer. With a round window in the corner.
Sun's room was nice, last time I saw it. There were cigarette buts littering the floor though.
Eclipse's room is next to Sun's, but this was before the trouble between them. He doesn't really like his room. It's large and empty, and he hates both those things.
Unlike my room, which is small and cramped, but at least the walls are are painted a once-cheerful sapphire.
And there's a bed that creaks when you lie on it.
Lunar just hangs around with whoever.
Wherever.
Whenever.
He doesn't mind.

     I miss the old him sometimes.
But not as much as I miss the old Sun.
     The problem was mainly in his programming. I want to blame him for all this. I want to. And I do.
I do.

Eclipse is still fast asleep. I want to wake him up. I'm lonely, just me and the darkly shadowed Moon.
But he's an awful insomniac, and I fear for his health if I deprive him of one night he can successfully fall asleep.
     So I just carefully count the bloody marks running up his arm, until I manage to drift off too.