Content Warning!
Mentions of attempted suicide.

[Moon's pov]

Try as I might to rest, everything was still playing on loop inside my mind and I was swimming in half mindless terror and guilt.

     "Even if he does wake up he won't want to talk to me. It's his life after all. I shouldn't have interfered in the first place.
And if he is..
Gone
It's my fault."

Eclipse turned back to me.
     "Look, you did the right thing, Moon. He'll need some time to understand that. And you will too. This is a bad situation, sure, but we always get through them. In the meantime, we need to tell Cosmo and Bloodmoon.."
     "Does that mean you're going to leave again?"
     "Unless you want to go find them."

"See you then, I guess."

"Back soon."

     And he leaves
Once again,
     A waiting game for his accompanied return.
     Until then,
However
     I am alone here.
Silence suffocating my thoughts.
     I feel numb.
All over.
     And it's not just the cold.
I still can't believe I said all that.
     I know he forgives me.
But I don't.

There is a muffled rustling from somewhere, but I don't look up. It's probably just Sun tinkering around with some machinery downstairs and he is the last  person I want to be thinking about right now.

I don't know what else to expect.
All I want to say has been said.
And there is nothing else.

There aren't enough words.
But there are too many.

     My melancholy thoughts are broken by an blood-stained slither of paper brushing past my shoulder. I hold it gently between my hands, as of late I have learnt written notes are often of  importance.

It reads only five letters, in cursive, of which I can hardly make out.

ડꪮ𝕣𝕣ꪗ

I glance back to Lunar.
Because I know he is there,
     Standing and gazing back at me with dull eyes.

"Lune.."

     He hugged me so hard, as if just slightly loosening his grip would cause us both to fall away, and somehow disconnect again.
There are no real words to describe it.
     But it felt so warm and reassuring, to just be standing there with the very person I nearly lost, the very person I was terrified of loosing.
     Words are useless.
We knew the whole story, between us without them.

The world can stop still and wait for us in this moment.

I had my little brother back.
I have my Lunar.
After all this, when it all finally all ends and we can live out our existence in peace.

I have Lunar.