21

Content Warning!
   A n g s t
Repeated swearing

[Eclipse's pov]

     When I come to,
I am in a new place.

     Huge black hall, the walls spiraled in pink and blue. Patterns etched into the surroundings, rearranging themselves to new formations, each impossibly more intricate.
               Hypnotizing.
     It might just be my mind playing me, but some of the colours seem to mould more into figures. Figures I recognize, figures that move and talk, and nothing about them appears at all unnatural.
Holograms.
Holographic.
     I feel I am not home, but they seem to be pulled straight out of my very own world.

     An odd feeling, watching them. No scenery.
     Reliving events.
Things I know so well. The way I saw them happen, through my eyes.
     My memories.
I continue watching it reel on.
Like a film. Almost everything I feel a sense of emotion in,
It is here.

A fever dream, this must be.
     I know, when I truly wake, my entire body will ache with knowledge of this whole other place, holding still at the edge of my fingertips
    But not quite close
        enough to touch.

What is it?

   Beside one of the screens, I notice, running these recollections, sits someone who resembles..
      Sun,
but isn't quite him. Still

My very own brother.

     I pad along the thick, liquid-like ground, and perch ahead of him. Amber rays folded in against his face, shielding him from the light.

His hand brushes against mine, and electricity bites at me.

Realisation.

"You're not real, are you?" I whisper to partly to him, and partly to myself.
  He nods
"You're just a warning. This all is, isn't it?"
     "I'm Solar." he returns shakily. "That's what I am."
      "You're my brother."
"I was."

I study him, and he seems to look through me rather than at me.
There is certainly something different that I can not place.

A sound of metallic screeching tears through the air, and we both aruplty spring up.
     The screens brighten, each now showing the same image.
     He flips.

"Oh, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. You gotta listen to me, Eclipse. He's corroding my systems. You can't-"

The piercing noise echoes again, and he draws away from me.

"Sun, what the hell is going on? Where are we?" I ask, beginning to scare.

     He does not answer, and starts to grapple with the open wires poking from behind his head.
     "You need to go." he steps back again.
"What? I don't even know why I'm here!" I call back to him, as he continues away from me.

             "I'm so sorry.
  Stop him, Eclipse. You gotta."
    "I don't understand!" I yell back "Stop what?!"

He gazes back at me with a sad, longing recognition.

     And a blackness warps his shadow, disattaches his rays.
I watch, powerless, as the liquidy ground solidifies around me and drags my body backwards. He tries to fight it. But it overpowers him, whatever it is. Strangles him, and forms itself into his body.

Confused tears blur my vision so, I hardly notice three white eyes meeting with my own.

A mouth full of teeth
Smiling.

I scream out to whatever void I am in
And wake again, home
Where I was
Lunar looking down at me..
Knowing.